The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Food Handling and Awareness (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Catering Research Phase Has Begun For Me. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70200)

Cabntmkr1 10-04-2009 11:01 PM

Catering Research Phase Has Begun For Me.

Well, I have officially begun seeking out HD information, insurance, and city licensing info in anticipation of starting a BBQ catering LLC.
Wish me luck, and I could use a big pep talk.:mrgreen:

BBQ Grail 10-04-2009 11:26 PM

Stop by BigDogs and he can hook you up with some Spam recipes and make sure you get Mrs. Dogs Broccoli Salad recipe.

Good luck! Gotta name for the business?

tmcmaster 10-05-2009 04:37 AM

I'm in the same boat...

I have found that always asking questions and erring on the side of safety are good places to start.

Big Don 10-06-2009 10:09 AM

Doing the same thing here in Southern Indiana, Lotta leg work and planning but will be worth it. Good Luck to both of you!

big brother smoke 10-06-2009 11:22 AM

Best wishes and make sure y'all do your homework and read the sticky on "Getting started."

BigJimsBBQ 10-06-2009 03:09 PM

Good Luck .... The key is finding out what is needed and get r done.

tmcmaster 10-07-2009 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big brother smoke (Post 1046987)
Best wishes and make sure y'all do your homework and read the sticky on "Getting started."

That is a fantastic resource!

Dr_KY 10-07-2009 03:21 AM

I'm here if you need anything. We are miles apart the rules are differant but the goal is the same. The Doc is behing you 1,000%!

Cabntmkr1 10-08-2009 08:29 AM

"Stop by BigDogs and he can hook you up with some Spam recipes and make sure you get Mrs. Dogs Broccoli Salad recipe."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's funny, LArry! I'm sure BD would love to hand over some Spam recipes.:mrgreen:
__________________________________________________ ___________

"I'm here if you need anything. We are miles apart the rules are differant but the goal is the same. The Doc is behing you 1,000%! "
Thanks Doc, you are awesome!
__________________________________________________ ___________

"Best wishes and make sure y'all do your homework and read the sticky on "Getting started." '
That is an awesome thread, BBS. Thanks for your support!
__________________________________________________ __________

BigJim's, BigDon, and TMC, thanks for the advice and comments. I hope to keep pushing forward with this and see what it takes.
I checked into the LLC through LegaZoom, and they want almost $600.00 for the LLC.
That's out of my range right now, so I will be looking for other places like LegalZoom which may be cheaper.
Steve

Dr_KY 10-08-2009 08:33 AM

Alright what is your plan for today?
I try and set out a written game plan of things to do and check them off as I go. You can always add to the list but at least you will have a core to work with and a way to see that you are progressing. :)

Cabntmkr1 10-08-2009 08:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am posting the PDF file that the HD sent me.
Perhaps one of you could look at it and tell me what you think?
Thanks guys.

musicmanryann 10-08-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cabntmkr1 (Post 1048935)
I checked into the LLC through LegaZoom, and they want almost $600.00 for the LLC.
That's out of my range right now, so I will be looking for other places like LegalZoom which may be cheaper.
Steve

$600? I got my LegalZoom LLC done for $150. You don't need all the bells and whistles they try to have you add on.

There was also a discussion on here a week or so ago about filing the paperwork yourself for only the fee the Secretary of State charges.

musicmanryann 10-08-2009 09:11 AM

It looks pretty standard to me.

Ron_L 10-08-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cabntmkr1 (Post 1048945)
I am posting the PDF file that the HD sent me.
Perhaps one of you could look at it and tell me what you think?
Thanks guys.

That looks like requirements for licensing a fixed location. Is there a different process for catering?

Cabntmkr1 10-09-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_L (Post 1049023)
That looks like requirements for licensing a fixed location. Is there a different process for catering?

I am going to call them back Monday and ask.
Thanks, Ron.