• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Semi Turbo Butt

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
A 10 pound butt rubbed with Oakridge Competition Rub and on the Assassin fat cap down at 300 degrees. Smoked with apple and peach chunks.

At 7 hours it reached 204 IT and "probed like buttah" The fat cap stuck to the grate when I pulled it, so it was a great snack after a long, hard day of yard work. :-D

It's resting in a cooler with foil and towel for a couple of hours now before I pull it apart. The dinner plan tonight is pulled pork nachos. :-D

Mine are almost done. Wrapped about an hour ago, sitting at 190* right now. Doing pulled pork quesadillas and yella rice!
c642e7156620150472acea34df759b92.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7hrs @300 I'm surprised it took that long but there done when there done. Looks great, ya'll will be eating good tonight.

Thanks! :-D

It was a pretty good sized butt and I was forecasting 8 hours.

I just pulled it apart, added a little more rub, and a splash of apple cider vinegar......it rocks! :-D

When I removed the butts from the wrap to glaze, I poured the juices from the foil into a Mason jar. Was wondering if it's still good to mix in with the pork when I pull it. Been in the oven with the pork, still warm pretty much

When I removed the butts from the wrap to glaze, I poured the juices from the foil into a Mason jar. Was wondering if it's still good to mix in with the pork when I pull it. Been in the oven with the pork, still warm pretty much

Flavor, man! :-D

It's absolutely OK to mix the juices back into the meat when you pull it.

Just do it in measured steps to avoid it getting greasy.

Flavor, man! :-D

It's absolutely OK to mix the juices back into the meat when you pull it.

Just do it in measured steps to avoid it getting greasy.
I know that, I was more concerned with them not staying heated for about 2 hrs since I poured them. Basically a room temp pork au jus.

I've been smoking them @300 for 4hrs then panned and covered until probe tender. Pour the drippings into a jar and put it in the fridge while the Butt rests so I can separate the fat from the juices. When I'm ready to chop I'll heat the juice back up and pour it back onto the pork and like Piney add more rub.

Last edited:
A 10 pound butt rubbed with Oakridge Competition Rub and on the Assassin fat cap down at 300 degrees. Smoked with apple and peach chunks.

At 7 hours it reached 204 IT and "probed like buttah" The fat cap stuck to the grate when I pulled it, so it was a great snack after a long, hard day of yard work. :-D

It's resting in a cooler with foil and towel for a couple of hours now before I pull it apart. The dinner plan tonight is pulled pork nachos. :-D

Beautiful hunk of pork John, looks perfect!

Pork quesadillas were awesome. Here's leftovers vac bagged and in the freezer
31c740af58759b9a62433183c8cae062.jpg

Very nice! I'll be putting 2 butts on the grill today anda naked fatty. This will be my first fatty!

Great job on those!

Back