My Butt In The Beer Fridge 🔥🔥🔥🔥

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Wildland fires breaking out all around. Rural areas. 1-2 miles away. Up early and in Sam’s picked up the smallest Boston Butt in the bin. Rubbed with Cholula- let it sit a few minutes (while I placed a few Modelo in the freezer) then rubbed with evoo and more Cholula. After a few minutes seasoned liberal with Frankenrub. There’s not much salt- some, not much sugar- some- but a really nice pepper taste with a hint, not much of Chinese 5 Spice. Anyway silent smokers due to the fires. Smoke smell would bring The constabulary at worst, cause angst with elder neighbors at best. Green Chile Double from Whataburger-you’re up!!

Last edited:
I think our last measured moisture was last October.

Looks and sounds tasty Adams!
Stay safe!
There's smoke in the air here... makes me nervous.

The Butt is going to be great, nothing worse than fires such a feeling of helplessness.

Small fire lit at 0430. Just added more coals and a small amount of hickory. 3 hours in. Cooker running +-300*. Saw 325* once. It’s a butt. It can handle it. Cook it till the blade pulls. Added a cane sugar Mexican coke st 3 hours. Will probably cover in foil st 4-4.5 hrs The market trimmed Fat cap up (and scored)

Last edited:
Stay safe Sir. Not sure how y'all ain't caught any of the moisture that's been killing my weekends for the last month. Last weekend's rain had so much dirt in it, it might as well been mud...

Back