The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MAK Group Buy (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279141)

pjtexas1 02-27-2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_ (Post 4276795)
Damn , I live down the road from their factory , I wonder if my wife would notice a new MAK in the mix of all my other cookers

Only 1 way to find out...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4ever3 02-27-2020 07:46 PM

Quote:

Damn , I live down the road from their factory , I wonder if my wife would notice a new MAK in the mix of all my other cookers

NOPE!

She’d have no idea...

DO IT!!!

rwalters 02-27-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Buy it on location and $10 days they’ll sweeten the deal even a bit more. If they can avoid shipping they typically show you a lil extra love [emoji3590]

rwalters 02-27-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4276788)
all downhill from here! Caleb has no idea what he just did. [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

sent from my sm-g955u using tapatalk

lol!

KevinJ 02-27-2020 08:00 PM

Quote:

Have a new Gateway Drum sitting in the garage the last 2 days right where my wife gets out of her car, hasn't said a thing about it yet. :shocked:

She knew I was getting another smoker but didn't know what it would be, maybe she'll notice it on Saturday morning when I season it and smoke me a Fatty. :heh:

rwalters 02-27-2020 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinJ (Post 4276808)
Have a new Gateway Drum sitting in the garage the last 2 days right where my wife gets out of her car, hasn't said a thing about it yet. :shocked:

She knew I was getting another smoker but didn't know what it would be, maybe she'll notice it on Saturday morning when I season it and smoke me a Fatty. :heh:

You guys are loco... lol.

Huskres 02-27-2020 08:53 PM

Quote:

Just tell her it’s an oil drum. No biggie.

I’d love a MAK but the grate size for me is kind of an issue for me. Like Saturday I’ll be doing 100 or so hot dogs and links plus 10 pounds of rope sausage for a party. Hard to manage that.

pjtexas1 02-27-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskres (Post 4276830)
Just tell her it’s an oil drum. No biggie.

I’d love a MAK but the grate size for me is kind of an issue for me. Like Saturday I’ll be doing 100 or so hot dogs and links plus 10 pounds of rope sausage for a party. Hard to manage that.

That's why you need 52 cookers. I have huge cookers (Shirley) and tiny (Red Box).

pjtexas1 02-27-2020 09:04 PM

On a completely unrelated note...
Anyone care to buy a Copperhead or Pellet Pro? Asking for a friend.

pjtexas1 02-27-2020 09:15 PM

I forgot to ask Mak a question. How do they handle grease in the 1 Star? All I can find is something about a grease drawer but no real details.

tom b 02-27-2020 09:25 PM

Paul before your friend sell those cookers he should test them head to head with the MAK you are getting, looking forward to your thoughts on the nee rig.

rwalters 02-27-2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4276839)
I forgot to ask Mak a question. How do they handle grease in the 1 Star? All I can find is something about a grease drawer but no real details.

MAK has a stainless internal grease drawer. The chute that the grease drips into also has a removal “wall” that makes for easy cleanup. Not sure if you are aware, but the MAK’s also have a removable firepot making the dumping of ash a 10 second job.

Here’s an exterior pic of the grease drawer:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e9c498cb4b.jpg

rm41400 02-27-2020 11:25 PM

Ya’ll are a very bad influence.

I think I’ll give them a call just to make sure I can’t pass along on this...

I’ve been back and forth between Mak and Yoder. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say either will be very nice.

ssv3 02-27-2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

It's all in how you present it to her. :becky:

https://i.imgur.com/37dG8Gah.png

ssv3 02-27-2020 11:43 PM

Yep! Just have enough smokers and they wouldn't notice. It's like us men staring at their shoe or purse collection. We'd have no clue what's new or old.:laugh:

Congrats on the Gateway Kevin. Looking forward.

Quote: