The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Bashes (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The 2021 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Planning Thread (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288853)

Hotch 01-11-2021 07:39 AM

The 2021 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Planning Thread
 
Well as most of you know me, it's never too early to start planning our next Texas BBQ Brethren Bash for the Spring of 2021.
I've been watching the requirements for the Texas State parks and they still have not changed from a limit of 10, 6" clearance and masks required.

With that in play ronbrad62 suggested "Then let's do strategically placed groups of 10 at tables 6' apart. We could have a couple of pop ups for shade."

I just tried to reserve a pavillion and their system won't allow it.
Should we wait a while and see if they open it up?

So let's hear your thoughts and ideas about The 2021 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash.
:mrgreen:

ronbrad62 01-11-2021 08:28 AM

I really don't know if anyone ( government entities) will want to be the one that authorizes larger gatherings first. It's probably going to be a "wait and see" type of deal. If anyone knows any landowners or hunting clubs that would allow us to use their facilities, that may be our best bet.

Hotch 01-11-2021 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronbrad62 (Post 4431319)
I really don't know if anyone ( government entities) will want to be the one that authorizes larger gatherings first. It's probably going to be a "wait and see" type of deal. If anyone knows any landowners or hunting clubs that would allow us to use their facilities, that may be our best bet.

I was thinking the same thing. I have a good friend in Greenville TX that has a standalone unoccupied building with a large fenced side yard. But Greenville is a bit east of DFW.

CptKaos 01-29-2021 08:42 AM

I have enough room to have it at my place. There is an RV park across the highway for the campers.
Paul and I talked about this a little last fall.

ronbrad62 01-29-2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptKaos (Post 4438239)
I have enough room to have it at my place. There is an RV park across the highway for the campers.
Paul and I talked about this a little last fall.

That sounds like a solid plan with no outside entity to throw down regulations to be followed.

CptKaos 01-29-2021 11:19 AM

At this time it looks like I will need to get our mayors approval since the gathering will be more than 10 people.
Not a big deal as he regularly has coffee with our car club Friday mornings.

ronbrad62 01-29-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptKaos (Post 4438303)
At this time it looks like I will need to get our mayors approval since the gathering will be more than 10 people.
Not a big deal as he regularly has coffee with our car club Friday mornings.

Invite him to it, as well. I've seen a few mayors, councilmen, and politicians in general, and they all love to eat!

Hotch 01-29-2021 04:08 PM

Thanks for the offer. Where is your place located?
My thought was to try and stay with the Spring Bash in the DFW area and the Fall Bash down South.

CptKaos 01-29-2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotch (Post 4438373)
Thanks for the offer. Where is your place located?
My thought was to try and stay with the Spring Bash in the DFW area and the Fall Bash down South.

Approximately 20 miles south of Belton Lake

Happy Hapgood 02-05-2021 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptKaos (Post 4438432)
Approximately 20 miles south of Belton Lake


Any motels or hotels nearby your place Larry?

CptKaos 02-06-2021 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Hapgood (Post 4440648)
Any motels or hotels nearby your place Larry?


several within 10 miles, up and down I35 in Salado or Georgetown

LYU370 03-02-2021 07:54 PM

Sounds like Texas is back open for business. Does this mean the Bash is on in full strength?

Happy Hapgood 03-02-2021 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYU370 (Post 4449908)
Sounds like Texas is back open for business. Does this mean the Bash is on in full strength?


Yep, Welcome back to Merica! 100% OPEN. No mask required.


Mississippi did the same. We will fix our situation next election.

LYU370 03-02-2021 10:27 PM

Damn, a week too late. Was in Vicksburg last week, still had to mask up and some places had the silly social distancing.

Hotch 03-03-2021 06:51 AM

I'll try to reserve the pavilion on March 10th as that is the "OPen" day.
Probable for some time in April or May.
:mrgreen:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.