The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Food Handling and Awareness (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Florida vending - roadside and fairs ??? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72430)

Ford 11-11-2009 10:33 AM

Florida vending - roadside and fairs ???

If there's anybody in Florida that vends and has the necessary licenses I'd sure like to talk with you for a few minutes. I've been out to the State websites and it looks to me like any "mobile" vending unit must have a commisary. Is that true or can you license a trailer if it has the proper refrigeration, water, etc?

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new trailer and was seriously considering being in Florida from Jan - March. That of course depends on site plan approval and licenses. My old trailer is an approved STFU here in MI and I know what I need to get the new one approved here.

You can PM me with a number and good time to call and I'll call you to save you the charges.

Thanks in advance.

Scottie 11-11-2009 10:46 AM

Qq

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford (Post 1082530)
If there's anybody in Florida that vends and has the necessary licenses I'd sure like to talk with you for a few minutes. I've been out to the State websites and it looks to me like any "mobile" vending unit must have a commisary. Is that true or can you license a trailer if it has the proper refrigeration, water, etc?

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new trailer and was seriously considering being in Florida from Jan - March. That of course depends on site plan approval and licenses. My old trailer is an approved STFU here in MI and I know what I need to get the new one approved here.

You can PM me with a number and good time to call and I'll call you to save you the charges.

Thanks in advance.

Talk to Dr BBQ... He had a little experience doing that kind of stuff in Florida... I don't tbhink he's doing it anymore though...

Bbq Bubba 11-11-2009 11:52 AM

Ford, i chat with several guys from Florida on the Smokering forum.
Yes, you have to have a comissary to roadside vend. :?:

Maybe check in over there, they'd be very helpful.

drbbq 11-11-2009 06:56 PM

Email me Ford. [email protected]

drbbq 11-11-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba (Post 1082603)
they'd be very helpful.

Oh yeah, those guys are real helpful. As long as you don't disagree with them.

Bbq Bubba 11-11-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drbbq (Post 1082967)
Oh yeah, those guys are real helpful. As long as you don't disagree with them.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats the best part!

drbbq 11-12-2009 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba (Post 1083121)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats the best part!

I guess, if you like *******s.

Jerk Pit Master 11-14-2009 08:35 PM

I vend and cater in Florida with a self contained and self-sufficient trailer licensed as a Mobile Food Dispensing Vehicle. You are required to have a commissary kitchen for fresh and gray water, grease and washing items too big to fit into your triple sink, and are required to report in on a given schedule, which may range from daily to as needed, based on the equipment on your trailer, how frequently you work, and level of disposables used.

Commissary kitchen can be any HD or Dept. of Ag licensed commercial kitchen. PM or call me if you need additional info. Costs average $30 per month.