• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cooking for the week....

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
The Egg has been getting a work out this weekend. Yesterday Big Al smoked a fatty and 3 pounds of sweet italain sausage. We used some of the sausage along with leftover pulled pork and brisket in some jambalya. Yeah, I know - no pics, didn't happen. Let me tell you - it was a delicious figment of my imagination.

Today, thanks to Ross' post of Thirdeye's chicken thighs I deboned and defatted 10 thighs, gave them a dusting of Yardbird and onto the Egg they went...
DSC_0415-2.jpg

Once they came off I put on some ABTs and 2 pork chops I brined for a few hours. First time brining anything so I am interested in how they taste - they look good!
DSC_0417-1.jpg

DSC_0419-1.jpg

It's going to be a week of good eats around here!!!

Good looking stuff. I have come to the point that I won't grill any chops or poultry that isn't brined/injected first. Whole birds that are going to get smoked are brined first. Personally, I find that not only does it help with moisture, it also becomes my first step in building flavor.:biggrin:

Craig

Update on the pork chops....

I had the pork chops for dinner tonight. I reheated it in the microwave (yeah, I know) 2 minutes at 60% power.

It was still very juicy - I can't say I liked it smoked so I will probably just grill from now on, but the brining is here to stay.

Good lookin' eats right there L-M! There's a lot of different flavors that you can add with brining.

Nice work!

This would make a good weekly thread akin to JD's "What's cookin' this weekend" post's.

It's Monday Farkers! Whatcha cookin for the week?

Back