The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   *** ADMIN NOTE *** NO PICS DIDN'T HAPPEN? I call BS! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77439)

landarc 02-02-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jswordy (Post 1166182)
I wish life was "no pix, didn't happen." Man, that would get me out of a lot of trouble!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1166276)
Now I have to clean of the keyboard and monitor, LMFAO! :lol::lol::lol: Now that is a classic Brethren Bash quoute right there.

Except for the odd fact that there are always cameras at the Brethren Bashes, and there are always photos taken that probably should not have been shared.

Chuckwagonbbqco 02-02-2010 09:03 PM

BBQ Chef
I am glad that you made remarks concerning the posting or not posting of pictures. I once posted about a catering event that we did and someone posted that if there were no pictures then it didn't happen. It may have been a joke to them, but to me it said "You are a liar." I replied that my saying is "If you are not holding a check it didn't happen.

As a result of these posts I basically quit posting. I do what I do and people that know me also know what I do---I really didn't need to post here and be called a liar.

So posting of pictures can intimidate some people, or snide remarks about not posting pictures can infuriate others.

Once again thanks for addressing this issue.

Leonard Sanders Chuck Wagon BBQ Co.

BBQchef33 02-02-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckwagonbbqco (Post 1166888)
BBQ Chef
I am glad that you made remarks concerning the posting or not posting of pictures. I once posted about a catering event that we did and someone posted that if there were no pictures then it didn't happen. It may have been a joke to them, but to me it said "You are a liar." I replied that my saying is "If you are not holding a check it didn't happen.

As a result of these posts I basically quit posting. I do what I do and people that know me also know what I do---I really didn't need to post here and be called a liar.

So posting of pictures can intimidate some people, or snide remarks about not posting pictures can infuriate others.

Once again thanks for addressing this issue.

Leonard Sanders Chuck Wagon BBQ Co.

If there is anyone left who just doesn't get it, I will point out that chuckwagons reaction is NOT unique. Since posting this thread, i have received NO LESS than 20 private messages from members stating similar reactions. Some stopped posting completely, others just dont share experiences, or do it less.

I hope at this point, its a closed issue and the points made. The redundant "no pic, didn't happen" phase here needs to be reduced.. a time and place for everything and use discretion.

I hope, in the future, when members see issues like this that can become a widespread or ongoing problem, point it out to us.. we take the stuff seriously and will work to correct things where we can.

and Chuckwagon... the coast is clear. :) start posting again!! :)

KuyasKitchen 02-02-2010 09:59 PM

Since we're clarifying things here, I would appreciate it if I post a thread where I've totally farked up a cook ... please, please, please tell me "no pics, didn't happen". My ego will thank you. :-D

BBQChef, in a way, for me, your posts make me want to post more pictures. I feel more comfortable posting. So, I'll thank you publicly for making this place more friendly.

deguerre 02-02-2010 11:06 PM

I posted a thread a little while ago with no pics BUT I DID POST A RECIPE. No flames yet Brethren! Ideas is what makes this forum live.

Crazy Harry 02-02-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Single Fin Smoker (Post 1165607)
Cowgirl should stop posting pics.......She makes me hungry!

Bite your tongue!!!

Jeanie, post all the pics you want, but I'm not requiring you to.

BBQ Grail 02-02-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy Harry (Post 1167073)

Bite your tong!!!

Jeanie, post all the pics you want, but I'm not requiring you to.

That's gotta hurt...those things are metal...

Crazy Harry 02-02-2010 11:56 PM

I have put some "no pics, didn't happen" comments around and now I hope ir didn't discourage any one from posting. I always took it as a standing joke like Shane's brisket (I haven't seen any pictures of that so maybe it didn't really happen :biggrin:)

barbefunkoramaque 02-03-2010 12:07 AM

will someone give me the short version of all this. I never read past 2 pages? what happened and where are we?

Single Fin Smoker 02-03-2010 12:22 AM

No issues for me Pooh- I read posts and look at pics from whoever about whatever. I been here how many years now------I don't care. I just look the at the post and if it looks interesting, I read- pics or not. Guitar notes and Brethren are my only bookmarks.
Mostly I read ugly drum thread....

KuyasKitchen 02-03-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque (Post 1167095)
will someone give me the short version of all this. I never read past 2 pages? what happened and where are we?

Mixon mod:

Quote:

Don't be so damn mean to each other. It's not a damn funny joke anymore. It's driving the damn newbies away like damn flies. It's pissing the damn boss off.
English mod:

Quote:

"No pics, didn't happen" is being overused and driving even long-time posters away or just convincing them not to post. Some folks take it as being called a liar and are insulted. Many of the newbies aren't aware that a lot of it is good-natured ribbing. So, stop.

BBQchef33 02-03-2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1_T_Scot (Post 1165019)
I also have cut way back on posting about cooks. Take the time to take the pics then upload and do a write up. You get a bunch of views and no one says anything.
But forget to post the pictures and everyone jumps in/on.

Other forums (Non Food related) have a thank you button so if someone doesn't have anythign to say they can just leave a thanks.

I've seen this feature on other forums also, so I looked it up and found it. I installed it here tonight and we can give it a test run.

bingo1912 02-03-2010 02:29 AM

LMAO! funny

bingo1912 02-03-2010 02:30 AM

OK PooBQ

Ron_L 02-03-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque (Post 1167095)

Everything you need to know is in the two posts in red :-D

This one...

and this one...