Vortex for a 22.5" Kettle, medium or small?

I think medium is the recommended size. But before you order the Vortex, have you tried Weber charcoal basket? The baskets placed in the center will work just like the Vortex.

I think medium is the recommended size. But before you order the Vortex, have you tried Weber charcoal basket? The baskets placed in the center will work just like the Vortex.
Had the charcoal baskets in my old Performer, I'm buying a Vortex just trying to figure out small or medium.

Medium all the way brother. I have the medium and it holds quite a bit more than the small. You can always cut back the fuel on the medium for small cooks but the small only holds so much.

It is kind of confusing because some reseller recommend both for the 22.5. I also have an 18.5 Weber so I bought the small to use in either. I have had great luck with the small on the 22.5. I think you will be happy with either.

DubfromGA
So where did that cook grid come from?

I got one from Amazon. Great grate!:biggrin1:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Weber-8835-Gourmet-System-Cooking/dp/B0044EQM9Q/ref=sr_1_5?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1504204718&sr=1-5&keywords=weber+grate[/ame]

Very cool! Wish they made one for the 26.75" kettle.

I have a medium...but sometimes I wish I had a small...get more room n the grate for food.

Oh and I would like to have a grate with a hole in the middle...the vortex ...burns all the seasoning off the grate in the middle.

Back