The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Bashes (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Planning (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266281)

Hotch 03-15-2019 10:37 AM

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/i...milies/mod.gif NoW Only 21Hours till the 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/i...milies/mod.gif

Better get the wagon loaded!! :mrgreen:

Lighter-Fluid 03-15-2019 12:21 PM

Dangit, dangit, dangit. Wish we were on the way there or already in the great state of Texas so we could see all you farkin farkers. Do me a favor and don,t post any pics tomorrow so we won’t be reminded of what we’re missing! Of course unless Paul does something that needs to be captured for posterity.

sliding_billy 03-15-2019 02:35 PM

So we don't have to wait around for long cook beef (AKA brisket), I'm bringing two tri-tips along. I'm sure someone will have something that I can sear them on after I hijack some space on Hotch's Shirley to smoke them.

Hotch 03-15-2019 02:45 PM

I believe Teddy is bringing his WSCG.
Kelley and Bruce will have their BGE MiniMAx.
I'll have a 30lb bag of Western lump.
And a bag of Stubb's briquettes for Shelly's DO cook, along with a chimney starter and a weed torch.
Who has got the Cabo covered? :mrgreen:

Bill-Chicago 03-15-2019 02:45 PM

In an odd twist of fate, even though I wasn't able to make it this time around (again), my daughter is on Spring Break and is in Dallas.

Go figure.

Have fun Gents!

Hotch 03-15-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-Chicago (Post 4150945)
In an odd twist of fate, even though I wasn't able to make it this time around (again), my daughter is on Spring Break and is in Dallas.

Go figure.

Have fun Gents!

She is invited to join us.
As long as she has a few good stories she can tell us that may or may not involve you!! :mrgreen:

cueball21 03-15-2019 02:57 PM

Alas, I won't be able to attend, Hotch. :icon_frow Please be sure to collect a lot of pictures.

Hotch 03-15-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cueball21 (Post 4150951)
Alas, I won't be able to attend, Hotch. :icon_frow Please be sure to collect a lot of pictures.

:sad:
I think THoey1963's wife has it covered. But I will do my best to get some. May be Sunday when I can post unless Paul shows me how with tapatalk app. :mrgreen:

sliding_billy 03-15-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotch (Post 4150944)
I believe Teddy is bringing his WSCG.
Kelley and Bruce will have their BGE MiniMAx.
I'll have a 30lb bag of Western lump.
And a bag of Stubb's briquettes for Shelly's DO cook, along with a chimney starter and a weed torch.

I just looked at my stash. I've got a bottle of Slyrs single malt 43% and a bottle and 1/4 of Slyrs single malt 51%. On the lower end, I've got a bottle of Dewar's "White Label" Scratched Cask blended. No Cabo here.

cueball21 03-15-2019 04:11 PM

I hope Paul remembers that I suggested a camera station be set up and to make all attendees step up for picture and a signature so everyone is properly identified. I plan to set up a tripod with a ipad in camera mode for just this purpose next Fall.

Hotch 03-15-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cueball21 (Post 4150975)
I hope Paul remembers that I suggested a camera station be set up and to make all attendees step up for picture and a signature so everyone is properly identified. I plan to set up a tripod with a ipad in camera mode for just this purpose next Fall.

By chance do you work for the Federal Government? :mrgreen:

Hotch 03-15-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliding_billy (Post 4150972)
I just looked at my stash. I've got a bottle of Slyrs single malt 43% and a bottle and 1/4 of Slyrs single malt 51%. On the lower end, I've got a bottle of Dewar's "White Label" Scratched Cask blended. No Cabo here.

Single malt, ummm, yep that will work in a pinch. :mrgreen:

Blythewood BBQ'er 03-15-2019 05:42 PM

Have a great time you guys. Really feeling bummed I'm not there. Hopefully there will be plenty of pics of my Texas buds to see tomorrow! Safe travels everyone!

frognot 03-15-2019 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotch (Post 4150944)

I have an open bottle that's 3/4 full that I could bring.

chambersuac 03-15-2019 06:28 PM

Just so y'all know, I'd rather spend my Saturday with y'all than with some of the best people on Earth.

:)