The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MAK Group Buy (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279141)

Prneum 03-07-2020 02:27 PM

I'm loving this roaming thermocoupler. I have the Thermoworks Smoke thermometer on the top rack and the MAK thermocoupler on the bottom.
The Smoke thermo was reading less than the MAK, so I moved the MAK to the top rack and guess what? Yep...:thumb:

rwalters 03-07-2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prneum (Post 4280738)
I'm loving this roaming thermocoupler. I have the Thermoworks Smoke thermometer on the top rack and the MAK thermocoupler on the bottom.
The Smoke thermo was reading less than the MAK, so I moved the MAK to the top rack and guess what? Yep...:thumb:

The thermocouple is also easy peasy to clean on the newer MAK’s being you can remove it and bring it right to you.

Prneum 03-07-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4280741)
The thermocouple is also easy peasy to clean on the newer MAK’s being you can remove it and bring it right to you.

Very true. I think they thought of everything!

KevinJ 03-07-2020 02:38 PM

Like the front shelf, when the last gen 1 Star came out the front shelf was only 7" deep that looks deeper than 7" just checked the site and now it's 9", looks great Scott and more important usable.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/a...1&d=1583607250

Prneum 03-07-2020 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's perfect for the BBQ cookie sheets that we use and of course a nice cold beverage.

Prneum 03-07-2020 03:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just wanted to clarify the size of the front table. The website says 9" and they are correct. The measurement is from the back of the table where it attaches to the grill. With the table, the MAK 1 is about 30" wide. Any more and it wouldn't be able to fit through my door from the garage to the patio.

ebijack 03-07-2020 03:37 PM

Ok, did any of you Brethren speak to my wife?
I was finally decided to NOT order a Mak 2 star with smoke box and all grates available.
Took me a bit to come to that conclusion.
Till today, the wife brought if up.
Guess I'll be calling Caleb back on monday.. :tsk::tsk::tsk:

pjtexas1 03-07-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebijack (Post 4280769)

I was finally decided to NOT order a Mak 2 star with smoke box and all grates available.

That's terrible! I hope you 2 can get thru this ordeal. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sooner21 03-07-2020 03:44 PM

I've been coming to this thread way too often. I talked to Caleb a few days ago.... I'll be calling back and putting an order in before this ends. Can't decide on what to get yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smoke ninja 03-07-2020 03:46 PM

Wow. Tom's crossing over to the dark side. He's a tough critic.......if he's satisfied with it MAK can turn anyone

Crispy Bacon 03-07-2020 03:48 PM

Awesome. I ordered mine yesterday & I keep coming back here too! Excited for everybody!!

pjtexas1 03-07-2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4280730)
Love it! So what cookers do you currently have in your arsenal and which are on their way out? I saw you mention that you are thinning the herd.

Mak 1 Star / SF 24x55 Straight Back / T&K GF /Abe's 48" Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy / CB Roti / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr / Pellet Pro 440

Gotta go:
Copperhead
Pellet Pro
Char-Griller kettle
Blackstone Griddle

Maybe:
Jimmy
Red Box

rwalters 03-07-2020 03:50 PM

Quote:

[emoji15]well now! Ain’t that a quick turn of events?!?! Can’t wait to see you join the family :)

jstrand 03-07-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Perfect! Someone finally getting Super Smoker Box! Post your thoughts on that thing when you get it. I would like some real world reviews. When i finally bite the bullet I'm getting the Smoker Box to do bacon etc. but can't really find any real world reviews.

rwalters 03-07-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4280779)
Mak 1 Star / SF 24x55 Straight Back / T&K GF /Abe's 48" Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy / CB Roti / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr / Pellet Pro 440

Gotta go:
Copperhead
Pellet Pro
Char-Griller kettle
Blackstone Griddle

Maybe:
Jimmy
Red Box

No love for the griddle? Man, I couldn’t live without my griddle!