Yeah, standard shenanigans in the 505 - w/ Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Tonight was absolutely beautiful as the sun went down and the moon came up over the Sandias.

seGkRQ7l.jpg

I'd grabbed a bargain bin choice bone-in ribeye at the DoD Commissary after work and a badly needed haircut.

Cavender's Greek on the Potatoes.
50/50 Oakridge Santa Maria / Carne Crosta on the ribeye.

Fired up the Vortex with combo of lump / Kingsford Blue... took steak indirect until about 110.

Seared her for 35 sec per side.

MkeLp91l.jpg

Fed the family a ribeye & baked potato for all of about $10.

fbPSalcl.jpg

My kid came back for seconds.

** Warning - Ongoing Thread - You'll have to deal with me all weekend. **

Nice pics Marc, steak looks tasty.

Cavender's Greek on the Potatoes never thought of trying that, we'll get that rectified though.

Cavender's Greek on the Potatoes never thought of trying that, we'll get that rectified though.

... nor had I, until one of you fine folks introduced me to the idea about a year ago. Now, not only do I coat the tater in EVOO and coat it with Cavender's before the bake, CINCHOUSE hits the inside with a bit more between the butter and sour cream.

Game Changer.

A righteous looking meal. Carry on, brother. Let's see what else you have in store for the ongoing shenanigans.

I've got a hankerin' for chicken gyros / chicken schwarma... whatever.

I'm using the same marinade recipe as I did last time.

MARINADE:
▢ 1 cup plain yoghurt , unsweetened (I use Greek)
▢ 3 garlic cloves minced
▢ 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
▢ 2 tsp cumin powder
▢ 2 tsp paprika
▢ 1 tsp cayenne pepper , optional
▢ 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
▢ 1/2 tsp black pepper
▢ 2 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
▢ 1 1/2 tsp salt
▢ 1 tbsp lemon juice
▢ 2 tbsp olive oil

Found a sweet deal on thighs at the Commissary.

N3dHijYl.jpg

Whipped up the marinade.

F2rVFgkl.jpg

To this, I added about a 1/2 tsp each of thyme, basil, and oregano for some herby goodness. I also added about another Tbsp of lemon juice to thin it out a bit more, too.

I deboned and skinned 5 thighs, cutting the bigger bits to help the thighs lie flatter.

Into the bowl... massaged the marinade all over the bird... and into the garage fridge for a rest overnight.

AzIgIjTl.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: gtr
It's been quite a while since we had some good carne asada tacos... and I need Tony & Maribel's Frijoles Charros to go along with 'em.

Let's get those frijoles rolling.

bxvRGodl.jpg

tJsGkMLl.jpg

Rs4luQpl.jpg

I made a quick run down to El Super, our local Meximart on Route 66, just West of the Rio Grande.

Chef Merito's marinated carne asada? Threaten me with a good time! Love this stuff.

WDfWzdel.jpg

vY9dsm6l.jpg

I think CINCHOUSE is about to whip up some quick guac w/ a couple of little haas avocados I grabbed. Shenanigan continue in a short bit.

Hope you folks are having a relaxing weekend. I sure am.

*burp* - Man, that was good.

UNnx8Hzl.jpg

I watched these tortillas being made and packaged. Love it.

CCXzvCsl.jpg

Kid ate pretty good tonight, and she crushed it.

Ffh9UCSl.jpg

BossLady's quick guacamole (avocado, lime juice, salt, Tajin) sure does the trick... especially with Tajin "Snack Sauce" drizzled over the top.

IHlf5Fil.jpg

SyqxO2ul.jpg

Shenanigans continue tomorrow. Y'all be safe and have a great night.

Looks like great things are happening in the 505 this weekend! I'm addicted to Cavenders. And frijoles charros. Well, ribeyes and taters too, not to mention tacos...and...well...you get the picture. :oops:

Great stuff Marc!

Back