Good News on Old Country Gravity Fed.......

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Alejandro emailed me and Said they will be Hitting Stores Soon - Like Next few Weeks. I will be going down Laredo way and meeting with Him and Checking it Out and Discussing it with Him and Bringing One Home this Friday. So I'll have pics n measurements and such posted this Weekend. :dancer: Don't have Price Yet - find Out Friday.........

Nice to know he's alive. 2 gravity feeds? Lucky farker!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice to know he's alive. 2 gravity feeds? Lucky farker!

Hey Now, it's Not Easy being a Test Mule _ it's a 16-17 hour Day Roundtrip...........You got 2 Insulated cabinet smokers Plus many More - Just trying to be like You..... :mrgreen:

Hey Now, it's Not Easy being a Test Mule _ it's a 16-17 hour Day Roundtrip...........You got 2 Insulated cabinet smokers Plus many More - Just trying to be like You..... :mrgreen:
Don't forget you might not make it back. [emoji33]

671a63f06de899a8193d7e0dca9c2325.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new acquisition, Smitty. I will be looking forward to seeing your post and trying to convince the wife that I need one.

To me the price and size are going to be critical. Anywhere near $2k and you might as well get one from a well known builder. Too bad it didn't come to market before the Masterbuilt GF as their low end price may eat into OC's sales. I can't wait to see it. Anyone considering a small GF or the Masterbuilt should probably hold off a minute.

Hey smitty... bring that by my house on the way back so we can compare it to my T&K. [emoji848]

To me the price and size are going to be critical. Anywhere near $2k and you might as well get one from a well known builder. Too bad it didn't come to market before the Masterbuilt GF as their low end price may eat into OC's sales. I can't wait to see it. Anyone considering a small GF or the Masterbuilt should probably hold off a minute.

Hey smitty... bring that by my house on the way back so we can compare it to my T&K. [emoji848]

If someone would make a high quality master built clone that’s larger for around 2k I’d drop my pellet in a hurry.

If someone would make a high quality master built clone that’s larger for around 2k I’d drop my pellet in a hurry.

For mid-tier GF units, TK and Assassin are hard to beat.

Both of those start in the mid-2's for the smaller models. There are a lot of good GF units out there though the prices seem to be more in the $3K range and up for something that will take more than a pair of hotel pans from vendors other than these two.

I'm hoping the masterbuilt 560 gravity feed resets the market. It definitely works.

For mid-tier GF units, TK and Assassin are hard to beat.

Both of those start in the mid-2's for the smaller models. There are a lot of good GF units out there though the prices seem to be more in the $3K range and up for something that will take more than a pair of hotel pans from vendors other than these two.

I wouldn’t want a traditional gravity feed. Something with the ability to grill high heat as well with a built in controller.

Just make sure there is no extra insulation in the walls when you take possession if you know what I mean. :becky:

Looking forward to Saturday! :thumb:

I wouldn’t want a traditional gravity feed. Something with the ability to grill high heat as well with a built in controller.

For 'high heat' I tend to think Weber Kettle but, I can get a WSM up there if I want. I might do a drum for 'high heat' someday.

While a GF won't sear like some pellet smokers, they will certainly heat up to fast cook a brisket (within reason :wink:).

I'm hoping the masterbuilt 560 gravity feed resets the market. It definitely works.

Different Animal than a Gravity Fed Cabinet Smoker - it's a Gravity Fed Charcoal Grill that can you can Smoke On. A Charcoal Pooper - they created a new breed/ category based off a pellet pooper.- just different fuel........

Last edited:
Back