The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Time to face the music (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68592)

JimDandysNYDan 09-09-2009 08:24 AM

Time to face the music

My brisket sucks!!!....I spent 15 hours cooking a brisket on Sunday and I was really hoping that this time I would have good results. But as usual, it came out like a big pile of chit. I am just so disgusted. Thank God I was too drunk at that point that I couldn't throw it across the yard...LOL. I'm not sure exactly what went wrong, maybe it was the spike in temperature or when the flames danced in the cooking chamber for a bit. Or it could have been when I foiled and coolered it and my drunk arse forgot to put broth in the foil. I can't even bring myself to posting pics of the massacre. God I hate cooking brisket. :sad:

big brother smoke 09-09-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimDandysNYDan (Post 1021712)
My brisket sucks!!!....I spent 15 hours cooking a brisket on Sunday and I was really hoping that this time I would have good results. But as usual, it came out like a big pile of chit. I am just so disgusted. Thank God I was too drunk at that point that I couldn't throw it across the yard...LOL. I'm not sure exactly what went wrong, maybe it was the spike in temperature or when the flames danced in the cooking chamber for a bit. Or it could have been when I foiled and coolered it and my drunk arse forgot to put broth in the foil. I can't even bring myself to posting pics of the massacre. God I hate cooking brisket. :sad:

Go get another brisket and do it again, Grasshopper! Cooking over and over is the only way you are going to improve. :biggrin:

On another note: I would have split a gut to seen pics of you drunk off your arse flinging your briskie :twisted:

NeoTrout 09-09-2009 08:31 AM

No pics, didn't happen? Half the fun is to keep trying. (And drinking) :icon_cool

southjersey 09-09-2009 08:31 AM

hmmm....Will Brisket toss replace lawn darts?

Hang in there! Once you get it down, you'll be happy.

garyk1398 09-09-2009 08:36 AM

Maybe the brisket wasn't drunk enough!

JimDandysNYDan 09-09-2009 08:38 AM

You know what I see happening here???????.....Shane recently cooked himself a great brisket and there needs to be someone to fill his shoes in terrible brisket cooking :shock:.....Is that person me????? Holy Fark!!!.....I need Help.

Wyatt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashmont 09-09-2009 08:39 AM

You grabbed Shane's original recipe card. Your supposed to use the "Other one". I hear he is doing better now.

early mornin' smokin' 09-09-2009 08:39 AM

good thing u didnt hurl that brisket, i wanted to see that, now that woulda been some pron!!! stick with it guys, how big was that hunk o' meat, and what'd you do to it?

4TheLoveofBrisket 09-09-2009 08:40 AM

I can certainly sympathize with you bro. Been there, done that. I can't tell you how many brisket's I've ruined. Keep at it. It truly is a hard cut of meat to cook. Best advice, always throw something else on with your brisket to fall back on till you get there.

JimDandysNYDan 09-09-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by early mornin' smokin' (Post 1021732)
good thing u didnt hurl that brisket, i wanted to see that, now that woulda been some pron!!! stick with it guys, how big was that hunk o' meat, and what'd you do to it?

It was 14.5 lbs. it's still in the fridge...I'm trying to find a funeral home that will give it a proper burial....LOL

Grillman 09-09-2009 08:49 AM

Like others have said..it takes a bit of practice.
If your Brisket was as bad as you say...it can still be used in a stew or
Chilie, or add it to some beans.

early mornin' smokin' 09-09-2009 08:51 AM

im with grillman, chop it up, make a big pot of chili out of it, and call it a day!

JimDandysNYDan 09-09-2009 09:17 AM

Looks like I wil be making chili with it....I just hope the farkin thing doesn't bite me when I go to chop it up....Evil brisky....

Captain Dave 09-09-2009 09:31 AM

Man i feel your pain, had probs with my last one too. Like yours I let the temp get up. Came out like an extra big shoe with a thick sole. Gona do another one tonight. This time fat cap down and more strict temp monitoring. I hope I can figure out this camera thing.

bigabyte 09-09-2009 07:23 PM

Shane made a good brisket?:shock: Wow, was I gone THAT long?:shock: