The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   For the Board (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   A few reminders! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36975)

Merl 01-31-2008 01:50 PM

A few reminders!

This is great. A big thank you to Phil.

I do want to begin this thread with a few reminders.
1. Only a few board members read any forum, at all.
2. Even fewer BOD members will respond on a forum.

So what do you do.
Use this area to voice, vent, suggest and cause discussion and consideration of issues and matters of importance.
But
Do not forget, direct mail to the BOD is always a good way to get your point across. Do not just complain, offer a suggestion for improvement.

Remember you may request from KCBS the agenda for any BOD meeting 48 hours in advance of the meeting. BOD meetings are generally on the second Wednesday of each month, but not always. Check with KCBS. February meeting is Feb 8 and we work all day Feb 9 on KCBS matters in a workshop setting.

You may attend a meeting and speak on an issue or issues. You must register with the Secretary of KCBS at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The request forms are available though KCBS.

With this in mind, I look forward to this section.
One last thing to remember, any member of Board who is willing to post here, can truly only speak on their own behalf, and not on behalf of the BOD or KCBS.

Looking forward to a great discussion, and please be understanding.
Yours in Q, and willing to stand in the fire.
Merl Whitebook

BigBarry 01-31-2008 02:07 PM

Merl - you are great! Thanks for being here!

Scottie 01-31-2008 02:09 PM

Thanks for the reminder Merl!!!

Be expecting a email from me for the next Board meeting!

All the best!

Scottie

BBQchef33 01-31-2008 02:14 PM

Thanks Merl, i was working on posting the Rules of this forum and its intent. But this is even better. Thanks.

BBQchef33 01-31-2008 02:20 PM

I'd like to add and comment on what my intentions are for this forum.

Not only to be a place FOR THE BOARD. It was not set up with the intention of putting the board members on the spot, or even having them join in all the time.. I would like this to be where members can speak freely, expecting that a board member will see it, yet not always be in a position to comment. I am going to move a bucnh of threads in here that would be appropiate IMO.

leanza 01-31-2008 08:10 PM

Nothing like another Brethren innovation. Direct line mod.

LindaM 02-07-2008 06:03 PM

Phil,

I also want to take this opportunity to thank you for this area. I will do my best to get here AMAP. You can always email me directly as well. I am here for the membership and want to do what is right for everyone. I do listen.

Linda

Gene01 11-06-2008 10:01 AM

Thank you Phil

I would also like to thank you Phil, it is nice to knwo that people can come to a location to ask board members questions, this is one of the things that I posted here the other day in my response to KCBS questionaire, I believe that the board works for the members and is responsible to report back to said membership..... I know that there is kind of a gag order on board members now, I would if elected to the board request that we vote this rule out and make the meeting available online to be listened to in addition to our financial status being available to mebers in good standing.

Bunny 11-06-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene01 (Post 775393)
I would also like to thank you Phil, it is nice to knwo that people can come to a location to ask board members questions, this is one of the things that I posted here the other day in my response to KCBS questionaire, I believe that the board works for the members and is responsible to report back to said membership..... I know that there is kind of a gag order on board members now, I would if elected to the board request that we vote this rule out and make the meeting available online to be listened to in addition to our financial status being available to mebers in good standing.

Who put the gag order on Board members? Hmmmm.... I would love for this rule to be to be voted out!!

smoke-n-my-i's 05-21-2010 04:21 PM

Merl,

So what happens when you do all of the above that you mention, and not a single person at KCBS will respond to any emails, or return a call?

This has happened to me more than once when I call or email asking a question, and offering a suggestion. It is always, I will have someone call you. Than years later, I am still waiting. Or, never even have the common courtesy to acknowledge an email.

Thanks for letting me vent,
Bill

Sledneck 05-26-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoke-n-my-i's (Post 1288924)
Merl,

So what happens when you do all of the above that you mention, and not a single person at KCBS will respond to any emails, or return a call?

This has happened to me more than once when I call or email asking a question, and offering a suggestion. It is always, I will have someone call you. Than years later, I am still waiting. Or, never even have the common courtesy to acknowledge an email.

Bill

Who is Merl?

ricksegers 07-11-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoke-n-my-i's (Post 1288924)
Merl,

Bill

I'm still waiting on answers from BOD and staff.

smoke-n-my-i's 01-04-2012 08:11 PM

Hey Rick,

I think this pretty well sums it up.... mine was posted when???? going on 2 yrs, and no reply.....