No knead skillet bread

BBQ Bacon

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
So delicious and so easy. Recipe can be found here:
https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/no-...UMTMmS5WYW8tMqptO1-0Hd73eE7Wpm-HehSaeXJpd9pVM

Get the yeast blooming and get the other ingredients into a bowl. We had some rosemary so I chopped up about 1/4 cups worth into the recipe.

Rosemary-Cheddar-Skillet-Bread.jpg

Mix and let rise for an hour.

Rosemary-Cheddar-Skillet-Bread-2.jpg

Oil up a cast iron skillet and add dough and press down to cover skillet bottom.

Rosemary-Cheddar-Skillet-Bread-3.jpg

Cover and let rise again for 30-60 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 and add start cooking.

Rosemary-Cheddar-Skillet-Bread-4.jpg

Cool and enjoy.

Rosemary-Cheddar-Skillet-Bread-7.jpg

Last edited:
That looks and sounds great - AND I found a link to some no-knead 1-hour cinnamon rolls that ought to be worth trying as well!

Looks great!! I make a similar one that rises in a bowl overnight that you drop in a screaming hot dutch oven. So good. Jim Lahey is the master of no knead dough for breads and pizza

So delicious and so easy. Recipe can be found here:
https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/no-...UMTMmS5WYW8tMqptO1-0Hd73eE7Wpm-HehSaeXJpd9pVM

Get the yeast blooming and get the other ingredients into a bowl. We had some rosemary so I chopped up about 1/4 cups worth into the recipe.

Rosemary-Cheddar-Skillet-Bread.jpg

Mix and let rise for an hour.

Rosemary-Cheddar-Skillet-Bread-2.jpg

Oil up a cast iron skillet and add dough and press down to cover skillet bottom.

Rosemary-Cheddar-Skillet-Bread-3.jpg

Cover and let rise again for 30-60 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 and add start cooking.

Rosemary-Cheddar-Skillet-Bread-4.jpg

Cool and enjoy.

Rosemary-Cheddar-Skillet-Bread-7.jpg

Your bread looks a lot better than the websites bread.

Great tutorial...

Question - I can't tell from the pictures, but is the texture light and airy like a brioche roll, or slightly more dense like a biscuit?

Great tutorial...

Question - I can't tell from the pictures, but is the texture light and airy like a brioche roll, or slightly more dense like a biscuit?

It is very airy for sure. Didn't rise as much as I thought it would but is certainly fluffy and light. What I didn't mention in my modifications to the recipe was I finely shredded pepperjack and colby (1/2 cup each) into it as well. May have affected the texture a little, but no enough to make it dense.

Excellent looking bread, nice job. I would never have thought to try a no-knead recipe in an uncovered skillet instead of a covered Dutch oven. Certainly a nice variation.

Back