The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   *** ADMIN NOTE *** NO PICS DIDN'T HAPPEN? I call BS! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77439)

Tom Walker 12-26-2011 08:19 AM

Smoking your URL

Thanks Grand,
As a noob, I didn't even see the usage clause that required photos.
Y'know what? I was going to post a photo but I don't see how to do it.
If I click on that little yellow tab above it asks me for a url? What the hell is an URL? Where can I buy one?

For crying out load, I'm a cook, not a computer geek. Really, what do I do?

Walker

BBQchef33 12-26-2011 11:49 AM

2 ways to post pics..

in the 'Go advanced' tab of post, go to the bottom.. there is a "manage attachments' button..

usea that button to navigate to the photo on your pc and hit 'upload'. It uploads the photo to our server. There are quotas based on subscription levels for storing photos on our server and using this option chips away at that quota. The photo is appended to the bottom of the post.

the other one is the square thingy up top http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/da...BJRU5ErkJggg==. Upload your photos to photobucket, or some other photo sharing site..when u are on those sites,mthe photos all have a 'url' that can be copied and pasted into the window here. click the http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/da...BJRU5ErkJggg==, and paste the uirl into the window. it will embed the photo in the post wherever u want to position it.

Bigdog 12-27-2011 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigabyte (Post 1678820)
No MOINK, didn't happen.

You do like livin on edge don't ya Chris. :drama::heh::thumb:

Groundhog66 12-27-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Walker (Post 1892265)
What the hell is an URL? Where can I buy one?

For crying out load, I'm a cook, not a computer geek. Really, what do I do?

Walker

I have a bunch I can supply to you, and accept PayPal, Cash or Money Order...Please let me know if I can assist you further :wink:

inspecchi 02-15-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 1678774)
ok, I'll make it more clear.....

admin note(Again):

1 -this has NOTHING do with moink, meat balls, or MOINK balls.

2 -RE: 'no pics, didnt happen'.. What started out as some ribbing, progressed into folks abusing it, to the point of other members NOT posting cooks and experiences because they didnt have pictures and just didn't want to here the same old catch phrase. In other words, it got old.. and prevented members from participating. As admin, thats something i wont condone... Admin staff is here to encourage participation and if we see something that negatively effects it, we step in.

2 - Seriously asking for a photo to better envision a posts content is not the same.

3 - The correct or incorrect spelling of a bacon wrapped meatball will not have a negative effect on the forum or stop people from posting overall experiences.. there is no correlation.

I also quit posting due to the people who would say no pics didn;t happen. Not worth trying to post anything.

Ron_L 02-15-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inspecchi (Post 2369623)
I also quit posting due to the people who would say no pics didn;t happen. Not worth trying to post anything.

I have to admit that I am confused. This whole thing went down 18 months before you joined, and you have two posts. This one and one in a thread about bacon. "No pics, didn't happen" wasn't involved in that thread at all. Did you have a previous user ID where this was an issue? If it does happen just use the report post button and let a moderator handle it.

BBQchef33 02-15-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inspecchi (Post 2369623)

Quit posting? :wacko: You had one post. :confused:

since this was posted 18 months ago, and made a forum rule, the 'no pics, didnt happen' stopped... right after this was posted..

so, since you stopped because of it NPDH, and it was stopped and fixed, ..why havent you posted in the 18 months since?:mrgreen:

deguerre 02-16-2013 11:44 AM

Join date 11/23/2012?:confused:

How could you post 18 months ago?

bigabyte 02-16-2013 02:18 PM

Is it still against the rules to call someone a troll?:confused: I can't remember. Not that I am saying I want to call someone a troll. I'm just curious what our standpoint is on folks calling trolls out as trolls is all. In case someone asks, or something like that.

mykeystoy 02-18-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigabyte (Post 2370576)
Is it still against the rules to call someone a troll?:confused: I can't remember. Not that I am saying I want to call someone a troll. I'm just curious what our standpoint is on folks calling trolls out as trolls is all. In case someone asks, or something like that.

Thanks for that I got a good chuckle out of it.

backseatdoa 02-20-2013 09:54 AM

Thank you

HeSmellsLikeSmoke 04-07-2013 07:48 AM

Public service reminder for some of our newer members. :biggrin1:

Bbq Bubba 04-07-2013 08:34 AM

Outstanding! :cool:

bigabyte 04-07-2013 10:12 AM

It may have happened, but I don't think anyone is going to care.:twisted:

OK, I'm off to the PB now.

landarc 04-07-2013 10:35 AM

Ttiwwp