PDA

View Full Version : Kiddie que, less hot

Fishiest1
01-10-2011, 05:22 AM
Mornin, yall.

I have been using plowboys products but it seems too hot for my youngins. I am fine with making a slab of ribs for them that is spiced down. My question is there something I can add to the plowboys to dilute it a bit in the heat department or does anyone have a kiddie que recipes they are willing to share. We have 5 kids (4 from 7-4 years old) so i am dealing with some younger pallets but still want them to have a positive que experience if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Grillman
01-10-2011, 07:38 AM
What about mixing some Ketchup with it to dilute it?
Mixing in some Sour Cream will help cut the heat too.
Also be sure to have plenty of milk on hand for them to drink.

If necessary; teach them how to drink the milk for maximum affect.
Show them how to let the milk hit the tip of their tongue, and flow acros
the tongue so it will counter the heat. If they just "chug down" the
milk it wont be as affective.

garyk1398
01-10-2011, 07:58 AM
turbinado sugar possibly

Buster Dog BBQ
01-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Do you wrap your ribs? If so you can sweeten up there and with a sauce so they get a little bit then the sweetness comes.

Fishiest1
01-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Hi,

Yes, I foiled.

I used Blue Hog BBQ Sauce and Yardbird rub. It was great for the adults but a bit much for the 7 and under crowd. I just want it to be a positive experience for them and dont want them to think when I am spending all day on the smoker their mouths are gonna burn.:)

Would it be stupid to go no rub or would they be dry? Could I just sauce them?

Contracted Cookers
01-10-2011, 09:06 AM
add some brown sugar

PFSmith
01-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Maybe some paprika? Its mostly for color and doesn't add any heat or much taste.

I also would think some sugar would help dilute the heat and tone down the Plowboys as well.

Pat

smknwhlswife
01-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Blues Hog is a sweet/heat sauce. You might try either a different sauce or just Honey & Brown Sugar.

Cook
01-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Salt & Pepper

Groundhog66
01-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I would have to say just salt/pepper/garlic & onion powder? And as previously mentioned, a different sauce with more sweet and less heat.