PDA

View Full Version : Pass Down List

handsomejack
11-10-2004, 07:22 AM
This should be a short thread.

Been checking out some of the Memphis in May stuff and kept seeing something called a 'pass down list'. What is that, exactly? :?

Thanks,
Lee

kcquer
11-10-2004, 08:02 AM
Lee, do ya have a link to what you've been looking at?

handsomejack
11-11-2004, 06:51 AM
Sorry about the response time, here. Apparently I was a Cable Guy in a past life. Hope you were still home between the hours of 8 and 5 for three days in a row. Just for that - No Installation Fee!!!

Here's the link http://www.memphisinmay.org/mim.asp?ID1=Events&ID2=World+Championship+Barbecue+Cooking+Contest&ID3=Sanctioned+Contest+Network&ID4=Pass+down+List

Solidkick
11-11-2004, 08:49 AM
Without really knowing the facts, I'll make an educated guess. It looks like Myron Mixon's "Old Jack's South" won several competitons. It appears that if you qualify more than once that you may "pass down" your spot to another team to compete in the MiM final event. !st time I have visited the site, but I'd say I'm probably not far off. It would allow for a larger amount of teams to be able to compete in the overall final event.

handsomejack
11-11-2004, 09:06 AM
Guess that never really crossed my mind(lots of things don't). I'd call that a damn fine educated guess. Thanks for the input.

parrothead
11-11-2004, 09:06 AM
Sorry about the response time, here. Apparently I was a Cable Guy in a past life.

Excuse me. I'm a cable guy and have been for almost 20 years now.

Jim Carey mod.

jminion
11-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Kick is real close, as he said if the Grand Champ is already qualified to thew World Champ the next team that recieved the highest score in a single meat gets the qualifier for that competition.