PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Gravity Feed Plans

Rodsboots
12-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Brothers, I'm thinking about building a med size gravity feed cooker. wondering if anyone has some plans or can point me in the right direction.. Thanks

JD McGee
12-30-2010, 10:35 AM
Here ya go... CLICK (http://www.phpbbserver.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=27&sid=bef7d6a13ce145644d7ed680d2f82ada&mforum=smokinjim)

Coz
12-30-2010, 06:54 PM
JD steered ya to the bible of cloning BBQ cookers for sure. I know you wont find any plans or prints as such there . Many many moons ago the man who owns that site made a promise to Stump and has held to it. Thats the story as I know it.Its all there if you just start reading thru the build threads keep notes and you will have all the neccessary info. Stump is an occasional visitor to that site and is pretty nice for all the info thats posted there. Perhaps he considers our efforts R and D without the cost? If you get any specific questions feel free to PM me .I think between my self and my friends I am at build # 6.

Rodsboots
12-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Here ya go... CLICK (http://www.phpbbserver.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=27&sid=bef7d6a13ce145644d7ed680d2f82ada&mforum=smokinjim)

Thank you for the help, just what I needed..

JD McGee
12-31-2010, 11:59 AM
My pleasure...be sure to keep us in the loop on your build! :thumb:

Rodsboots
12-31-2010, 12:05 PM
I will for sure... Besides that build I have an 8' X 8' propane tank I'm trying to decide if I want two little smokers or one big ass boss..lol I also have about 10, 55 gal new drums to finish as well.. I think I"m spending more time making and less time cooking..LOL
But I love it! I catch myself driving down the road saying.. "I can cook in that" OR "I can make that into a smoker".... What can I say.. I'm Hooked

JD McGee
12-31-2010, 12:14 PM
LOL! I can relate...I got in to building UDS's as well...cooked on them a few times then sold them at cost to friends. I haven't built one in a while now...just too busy with the comp and catering thing. Have fun Brother! :-P

suprfast
12-31-2010, 12:30 PM
JD steered ya to the bible of cloning BBQ cookers for sure. I know you wont find any plans or prints as such there . Many many moons ago the man who owns that site made a promise to Stump and has held to it. Thats the story as I know it.Its all there if you just start reading thru the build threads keep notes and you will have all the neccessary info. Stump is an occasional visitor to that site and is pretty nice for all the info thats posted there. Perhaps he considers our efforts R and D without the cost? If you get any specific questions feel free to PM me .I think between my self and my friends I am at build # 6.

Been there a long time planning my own clone build and not once did i think about the free R/D part. I would have thought stumps would be pissed with all the clones. However the number of clones only seems high because its a forum dedicated to it. I can see the website also making people want to buy directly because of the effort needed to build one.

Rodsboots
12-31-2010, 01:10 PM
My next step is going to be catering. Why not.. I love to cook.. love people.. and I'm already broke so.. should be fine..lol

Coz
12-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Been there a long time planning my own clone build and not once did i think about the free R/D part. I would have thought stumps would be pissed with all the clones. However the number of clones only seems high because its a forum dedicated to it. I can see the website also making people want to buy directly because of the effort needed to build one.

Well I know that I have sold several of either the Stumps or the Superior to some folks that dont have the ability to build their own. I have the equipement with what I have at home and can get stuff done where I work occaisionally but no desire to build them for sale. So I hope my using them around our part of the country helps Walt out. We do some comps and people are always askin a lot of questions . I have a platinum clone and had a couple of the original types. I am currently doing one with a stainless chute to see if it holds up longer. Have fun with your build and post lots of pics.