PDA

View Full Version : 7 is a prime number

LT72884
12-20-2010, 07:22 PM
I need to cook prime rib for about 7-8 people. Whats the serving size for this?

how much should i buy? it is 4$ a pound so i can go up to 30$ (7pounds)

thanks. Oh i will be cooking it in my ronco rotisserie. I hope it tastes good.

landarc
12-20-2010, 07:25 PM
If it is bone-in, figure 1 pound per person, boneless, figure 3/4 per person, so around 7 pounds is good, Serve lots of potatoes to the big eaters.

I have had Prime Rib cooked in a showtime rotisserie, it was not bad.

LT72884
12-20-2010, 07:30 PM
If it is bone-in, figure 1 pound per person, boneless, figure 3/4 per person, so around 7 pounds is good, Serve lots of potatoes to the big eaters.

I have had Prime Rib cooked in a showtime rotisserie, it was not bad.

its bone in. thanx man. When you say not bad, did it still taste good? just supposed to snow like a banshee. I have to work christmas so i figured i would feed the people scheduled on that day.

Thanx.

landarc
12-20-2010, 08:14 PM
I did not cook it, so I cannot speak to the overall product except to say, I felt that while it was cooked fine, the roast lacked kick on the plate. It had too much salt and not enough balance to the crust. It was also done to medium, which really kills the taste to me. You mileage may vary, this roast was cooked in a maintenance and grounds shed.

LT72884
12-20-2010, 08:23 PM
I did not cook it, so I cannot speak to the overall product except to say, I felt that while it was cooked fine, the roast lacked kick on the plate. It had too much salt and not enough balance to the crust. It was also done to medium, which really kills the taste to me. You mileage may vary, this roast was cooked in a maintenance and grounds shed. ok thanks Landarc

Im just skeptical of cooking certain meats in an electric oven. IE, i cant stand a tbone don in a fry pan or broiler. tastes like ruined old meat. So im hoping that the ronco will not make the roast taste like that. it is a clean dry heat so i should be good. Chicken is AWESOME in that machine so im hoping beef will be as awesome!

Cahusky
12-20-2010, 10:13 PM
I need to cook prime rib for about 7-8 people. Whats the serving size for this?

how much should i buy? it is 4$ a pound so i can go up to 30$ (7pounds)

thanks. Oh i will be cooking it in my ronco rotisserie. I hope it tastes good.

Where are you getting prime rib for $4 per pound. Im getting aged prime rib for $10.89 per pound in reno and would consider driving to Utah to get it at a $6 per pound savings! :confused:

daddywoofdawg
01-14-2011, 12:28 AM
4.00 a lb send me a couple of cases!

WC BBQ
01-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Cash and Carry had 7 bone standing rib roasts, choice for $4 a lb a few months back, some folks refer to them as prime rib. I did 4 of them for a party and they came out delicious. Smoked them low and slow to about 125F. If I remember they were about 18-20 lbs each, it'll take some trimmin' to get them in your Ronco...