PDA

View Full Version : How could I be so lucky....

cowgirl
12-14-2010, 09:57 PM
To have so many kind friends here at the Brethren..

Brethren Phesant surprised me with a box in the mail this week.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/cowgirls-photos_album/Memphis%20Pro/003-1-1.jpg

an ice chest containing walleye filets and some of his homemade pepper blend!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/cowgirls-photos_album/Memphis%20Pro/005-5-1.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/cowgirls-photos_album/Memphis%20Pro/008-3-1.jpg

I've been having an off week and haven't had time to cook or even eat.... so I splurged today and treated myself to some of the wonderful walleye filets on the smoker..

I brushed with butter and sprinkled the filets with lemon pepper...then into the Pro.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/cowgirls-photos_album/Memphis%20Pro/012-4-1.jpg

I smooshed two baked potatoes, added one beaten egg, minced onion, crumbled crisp bacon and seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic..

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/cowgirls-photos_album/Memphis%20Pro/017-2-1.jpg

rolled the potatoes into golf ball sized balls, flattened, them dipped in an egg wash and coated with panko bread crumbs..

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/cowgirls-photos_album/Memphis%20Pro/020-3-1.jpg

fried in butter until golden....

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/cowgirls-photos_album/Memphis%20Pro/029-4-1.jpg

the walleye filets topped with a lemon, caper, butter sauce, the potato patties topped with sour cream.. and lastly some steamed asparagus..

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/cowgirls-photos_album/Memphis%20Pro/081-1.jpg

the potatos were crispy on the outside and tender in the center....

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/cowgirls-photos_album/Memphis%20Pro/090-1.jpg

the walleye was amazing! I hadn't tasted walleye in a long time.. this was quite a treat!!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/cowgirls-photos_album/Memphis%20Pro/105-1.jpg

Thank you again Ken, I really appreciate your kindness!!

Thanks for looking..

Mad Max
12-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Wow, just goes to prove that there are no peeps, like Brethren. Great cook, Jeanine, hope it made your week a little bit better. :becky:

Crazy Harry
12-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Looks good. even your off days are fantastic.

Meat Burner
12-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Jeanie, what a nice surprise for you. As usual, you created another wonderful meal. Thanks for the post neighbor.

BobBrisket
12-14-2010, 10:08 PM
WOW!!! I like how you splurge! Nice!

Bob

cowgirl
12-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Thank you Max, Harry, Neighbor and Bob! The walleye were great! Really made my day...

Groundhog66
12-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Looks delicious, but then again, so does everything else you prepare and post pics of :thumb:

Phrasty
12-15-2010, 12:02 AM
:thumb:

Cheers

KnucklHed BBQ
12-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Yum! those fried "smooshed" taters look really good! :-D

Miguels244
12-15-2010, 12:53 AM
yumm...
thnx, now I have a new side.

Phubar
12-15-2010, 05:00 AM
BuPhul plate right there Jeaniusz!

Nice going Phesz!:cool:

Garyclaw
12-15-2010, 07:23 AM
"YOU DIDN'T FRIED IT?!?":shocked: That would be the reaction of some folks in the Great Lakes area. Some would even think you the anti-Christ.:mad2: .....just kidding, but there are some:crazy:folks out there.

Looks awesome Jeanie! Although I haven't smoked any yet, I have grilled it several times with some additional flavors like lemon, pepper, butter, tomatoes, blue cheese, etc. Been wanting to try smoking it but just haven't got around to it. Did you prepare the fillets in any special way? I bet they tasted great! Thanks Jeanie.:thumb:

bluetang
12-15-2010, 07:26 AM
That does look good:thumb:

h20loo
12-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Wow! You took me back to my youth when my mother made taters like that but used crushed saltine crackers. The Panko crumbs sound better... I'll be trying this soon. Thanks for sharing!!

Phesant
12-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Dang :!: How come mine never look that good :mad: :-D
That looks great SWSW, CBTM, & MMD :clap2:
Glad you like the walley Jeanie, and I'm going to try those smoshed tater's for sure

Nicely Done Jeanie

Hell Fire Grill
12-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Some tastey lookin fillets you whooped up cowgirl. I see you cooked 4 and only ate 2. What happened to the other 2?

J_Don
12-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Won't be able to see the pics until I get home tonight but reading about sure sounds tasty. A friend brought me some fresh caught redfish I'm looking forward to grillin/smokin. Anyway I hope your week gets better.:-D

Chris_R
12-15-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm not to big on fish, but I will get down on some walleye anyday! That looks amazing!

altongrady
12-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Great looking display Jeanie! Those potatoes look super, and so do the fish.
Merry Christmas to you Jeanie!

Harbormaster
12-15-2010, 11:38 AM
That Ken is a helluva guy, ain't he? (Actually, all us WisFo's are!)

That is some fine looking food Jeannie. A friend gave me some blue gill filets that I need to cook, and I know what I will be having as a side.

zydecopaws
12-15-2010, 11:44 AM
My SIL is showing up on Friday for her annual Christmas visit and she really likes fish. Something tells me I will be attempting to replicate this in the very near future.

Great looking plate of food Jeanie! :clap2:

Old Smoke
12-15-2010, 12:19 PM
I gotta try the fried, breaded, smooshed, and baked taters.
Or is it baked, smooshed, breaded and fried taters? :becky:
Either way good looking meal. :thumb:

Johnny_Crunch
12-15-2010, 12:44 PM
awesome, the generosity here is just amazing!

Big George's BBQ
12-15-2010, 12:51 PM
We are the lucky ones We get to drool over your wonderful posts. Beautiful as usual

cowgirl
12-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the kind comments friends.. it was soooooo tasty. :-D

"YOU DIDN'T FRIED IT?!?":shocked: That would be the reaction of some folks in the Great Lakes area. Some would even think you the anti-Christ.:mad2: .....just kidding, but there are some:crazy:folks out there.

Looks awesome Jeanie! Although I haven't smoked any yet, I have grilled it several times with some additional flavors like lemon, pepper, butter, tomatoes, blue cheese, etc. Been wanting to try smoking it but just haven't got around to it. Did you prepare the fillets in any special way? I bet they tasted great! Thanks Jeanie.:thumb:
lol Gary... No way was I gonna fry it. :becky: I thought twice about using the smoker too... didn't want to mask the flavor of the fresh walleye. I used a mild apple wood. Just went the simple route with butter and lemon pepper. Then made the caper sauce to serve on the side. It was great! Thanks Gary!

Dang :!: How come mine never look that good :mad: :-D
That looks great SWSW, CBTM, & MMD :clap2:
Glad you like the walley Jeanie, and I'm going to try those smoshed tater's for sure

Nicely Done Jeanie

Ken.. Not sure how I can thank you enough. This was a real treat for me and definately brightened my week. Also reminded me how lucky I am to have friends like you. :cool:

Some tastey lookin fillets you whooped up cowgirl. I see you cooked 4 and only ate 2. What happened to the other 2?
Hell Fire, I'm going to have the other two for lunch today... as soon as I get the chance! Thanks! :-D

Rick it's BSBF... baked smooshed breaded fried. :becky:

Thanks friends!

Smoke & Beers
12-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Jeanie...I bet I could send you some frozen McRib patties and you could make them look and taste like a delicacy from a 5 star restaurant!
That's some mighty fine looking walleye and smooshed taters!

Babyboomerboy
12-15-2010, 03:57 PM
I could only dream of having an off week like this:-P Thanks for sharing Jeanie.

Harbormaster
12-16-2010, 09:22 PM
OK, I made some of Jeannie's potato cakes for supper tonight.
I was in a hurry, so I had to modify it a little bit.
The potatoes didn't have time to cool after I baked them, and I was afraid if I tried to mix in an egg the egg would cook and not do what it was supposed to do.
So I substituted some sour cream and a little shredded mozzarella cheese.
I put in a little too much sour cream because the cakes were a little hard to handle in the wash and crumbs, and were a little too 'creamy' when done.
but they were really good, and Jeannie had a great idea when she came up with these.
Oh, served 'em with some chops I tossed on the gasser. A very good meal.

Mitch
12-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Girl, you constantly amaze me. Great looking food.

Rick T
12-17-2010, 08:42 AM
That is wonderful looking. I know what I am having for dinner tonight.:clap:

Divemaster
12-17-2010, 09:05 AM
Damn.... You still suck... :wink:

daedalus
12-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Smooshed Tater Cakes...I will have to try that!

Garyclaw
12-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Gonna do those taters Sun. with some wild Boar "chop ready" ribs Sun. I'm gonna call then "Cowgirl Taters" as they will be a regular side dish for me.:-D

cowgirl
12-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Thanks Shawn and Babyboomer! :-D

OK, I made some of Jeannie's potato cakes for supper tonight.
I was in a hurry, so I had to modify it a little bit.
The potatoes didn't have time to cool after I baked them, and I was afraid if I tried to mix in an egg the egg would cook and not do what it was supposed to do.
So I substituted some sour cream and a little shredded mozzarella cheese.
I put in a little too much sour cream because the cakes were a little hard to handle in the wash and crumbs, and were a little too 'creamy' when done.
but they were really good, and Jeannie had a great idea when she came up with these.
Oh, served 'em with some chops I tossed on the gasser. A very good meal.
Great! I'll give them a try with sour cream and cheese too... Thanks! :thumb:

Thank you Mitch and Rick!

Damn.... You still suck... :wink:
lol Back atcha... and another (((HUG))) :wink:

Daedalus, thank you! :)

Gonna do those taters Sun. with some wild Boar "chop ready" ribs Sun. I'm gonna call then "Cowgirl Taters" as they will be a regular side dish for me.:-D
Gary I hope they work out well for you... Thanks! :wink:

Wampus
12-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Well........I think Phesant must be sweet on ya!!:wink:
Walleye's CRAZY good!

Looks great Cowgirl! (as usual)
LOVE the smooshed tater :thumb:cakes idea too. :clap2:
Gotta try those.