PDA

View Full Version : What's Cookin'

kcquer
10-23-2004, 10:34 AM
In the way of competition practiced I planned to do some chicken breasts (I have given up on thighs) but didn't get around to it. Looked at the local paper this morning and low and behold split tits are $.89/#, cool. Gonna try brining and getting them off the cooker before they dry out.

Gotta consult the Mrs on what else to load up with. It's been a while since I did pulled pork and that's her fave so a butt and some big ol' buns will probably end up on the shopping list too. The Chiefs have to try and contain Mike Vick tomorrow :( at least there should be some quality eats to ease my pain. :wink: :D

What y'all got goin on the grates this weekend?

ckkphoto
10-23-2004, 11:02 AM
Did a homecoming tailgate party at the house for my teenage daughters birthday. 2 racks of beef ribs, a big package of chicken legs, and a few packages of brats. Fewer showed up than expected, so I have a few beef ribs left for lunch today!

BigBelly
10-23-2004, 11:28 AM
I will not be smoking but better yet I'll be grilling some brats and using a beer butter bath with onions. I tend to do this backwards.

I get the grill going, grab a pan and fill it up with a beer, some butter and onions and the brats. Let that get up to temp and start to cook things. After the brats have been braised in the beer I finish them on the grill. Strain out the onions and have at it.

Solidkick
10-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Taking the weekend off from smokin'. KC. send me a sammich! :)

Brats sounds good! May have to do them tomorrow! Except I'll cheat and finish them in the oven........... :oops:

kcquer
10-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Taking the weekend off from smokin'. KC. send me a sammich!

Brother Kick, you're welcome to break bread at my table anytime!

Had choice of 3 butts, all looked like crap. Almost sold out of chicken boobies so only got 1 pkg of 5. Consulted the brood and by popular demand, brisket again! With a pork loin and the chicken. Long night cooking and I need it. Last weekend I hardly saw the cooker except to dump in more fuel. Tonight I'm babysitting the cooker with a "Do Not Disturb the Cook" sign around my neck. Vick can run for 200yds and throw for 500 tomorrow and my weekend is still gonna be great!

Bigmista
10-23-2004, 03:46 PM
I just walked in the door from my Cisco class and picking up my car from the shop ($195 for a new altenator) so I walked straight to the smoker to start a fire. I seasoned a 3lb fatty and I have some chicken legs and thighs thawing out. Also thawing out some Pork chops and some Italian Sausage.

Me and MrsMista are gonna eat good tonite!!!

Saiko
10-23-2004, 10:49 PM
15 year season ticket holder for the Falcons, so you know where I stand on the game :D We are decimated with injuries on the defensive line, so I hate to say it but we are in trouble against the Chiefs. Two of the defensive lineman for the Falcons that will be playing tomorrow were cut from the practice squads of other teams, so it could be a long day.

Picked up a couple of big assed filet mignon's from Costco (the wifey got to choose the steaks this time, I'm a t-bone or porterhouse guy) so I'll be firing them up on the grill with some grape wood thrown on the coals for good measure.

racer_81
10-23-2004, 11:18 PM
I just walked in the door from my Disco class and picking up my car from the shop ($195 for a new altenator) so I walked straight to the smoker to start a fire. I seasoned a 3lb fatty and I have some chicken legs and thighs thawing out. Also thawing out some Pork chops and some Italian Sausage.

Me and MrsMista are gonna eat good tonite!!!

Psst.

BigMista was at a Disco class.

Pass it on.

;-)

Bigmista
10-24-2004, 12:36 AM
Rats. Damned fingers don't work. it was a Cisco class. Routers and switches.

BigBelly
10-24-2004, 07:21 AM
Get your groove thang! Ah ha...ah ha...

*walks off singing and dancing*

racer_81
10-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Whether you're a brethren or whether you're a methren (?),
You're stayin' alive, stayin' alive.

How much of this stuff do he think we can stand?
So much rhythm, grace, and debonair for one man

70's Flashback Mod

:shock:

<looks in closet, makes sure leisure suit is NOT there...whew!>

Bill-Chicago
10-25-2004, 09:26 AM
I made grilled cheese last night as a side for grilled boobs.

pretty good.

jsn1511
10-26-2004, 07:53 AM
i boiled some brats in warsteiner, onions, ginger, garlic, ground cayenne pepper, cumin seeds, a tad bit of water, and finished them off on the grill. They turned out pretty good but my girlfriend suggested we try the cheap bread since we are poor which is probably the wisest choice, but it definitley was not the tastiest one. :roll: