PDA

View Full Version : Fark me !

JeffW
11-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Son in law wanted a smoked turkey and like an idiot I agreed. Since I am cooking tomorrow, I agreed that I would do his on Wednesday.

Go outside and fond that 3/4 full barrel of charcoal developed a leak and it was all ruined. I guess that is what I get for buying plastic. Lid developed a crack. Off to store wifey goes for more charcoal. Damn, i got those bags a really good price.

Smoked bird and It tastes good, Skin is a little dark on spots, but he is going to cut it up before he takes it to his parents house. I also know that cherry wood makes dark skin.

http://wardmail.com/bird1.jpg

Johnny_Crunch
11-24-2010, 04:53 PM
glad it all worked out, enjoy!

BobBrisket
11-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Jeff, I'm not picking up the pic on my end.

Bob

---k---
11-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Is there a "best" way to store charcoal? I've seen some people using rubbermaid tubs. I've just left mine in the bag. I haven't had to store it very long, and it's worked. But, I picked up 4 bags of Royal Oak brickets today at Mendards for $5/ea and they might sit for a while since I still got a few bags in the shed.

LMAJ
11-24-2010, 06:15 PM
I keep my stash in the garage or the shed - and a bag in a large plastic bin with the rest of my eggcessories on the deck.