PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an andouille-crawfish dresing recipie?

firecracker jack
11-18-2010, 10:15 AM
I thought I recently saw a dressing recipe for a andouille/ crawfish stuffing. Would like to try some with my thanksgiving bird.....Anybody know? and willing to share?

Thanks firecrackerjack:thumb:

J_Don
11-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I found this one from Emeril. Every recipe that I have tried from him turns out great. It's a Andouille dressing but all you would need to do is add a 1/2 lb or even 1 lb of crawfish and you are set.
Ingredients

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 pound Andouille Sausage, finely chopped
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
4 cups crumbled cornbread
2 cups chicken stock
Salt and cayenne
1/4 cup chopped green onions
Instructions

In a large saute pan, heat the oil. When the oil is hot, render the sausage for about 3 minutes. Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers and saute for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are wilted. Add the cornbread and chicken stock and mix well. Season the dressing with salt and cayenne. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.

firecracker jack
11-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks J Don,
I'll print this out and give it a try....After I made this post I tried a search and found a recipe for the dressing, but this one differs slightly so I'll try them both....

Thanks again:-D
firecrackerjack

QuietOne
11-18-2010, 09:12 PM
This is the only 1 I have and I've only made it twice, Crayfish are hard to come by in Canada. I make it when I'm in the US and we were able to get the crayfish, substitute shrimp meat I suppose.

Adouille Sausage, Cornbread and Crayfish Dressing (NOT stuffing)

Ingredients

2 pounds of heavy cornbread cut into 1-inch cubes (this is a double recipe of cast iron pan cornbread)
6 pieces thick slice smoked maple bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
12 ounces andouille sausage, cut into 1/2-inch dice
1 large onion diced
1 medium red bell pepper diced
1/2 cup diced celery
2 jalapeno chilies, seeded, chopped (if you want it hotter leave the membrane and or seeds in when you chop it)
1 Tbls minced garlic
1 Tbls fresh thyme leaves
6 cup cooked crawfish tails chopped
4 green onions or scallion diced, 6” length before dicing
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 Tbls Creole spice
1 Tsp Tabasco or other Louisiana hot sauce
3 cups chicken broth/stock
1 cup heavy cream
2 large eggs

Directions
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cornbread in a large roasting pan. Bake 30 minutes, gently stirring cubes twice, until lightly toasted and firm. Cool completely. Place cubes in a large bowl. Butter a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.

2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp and fat has been rendered; remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. To drippings in skillet, add andouille, onion, bell pepper, celery, chilies, garlic, and thyme; sauté 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until andouille is golden brown. Add mixture to cornbread with crawfish, green onions or scallions, parsley, Creole spice, and bacon bits and toss.

3. Whip broth, cream, and eggs in a 4-cup measure; drizzle over cornbread mixture and gently toss until evenly moistened. Spoon dressing into prepared baking dish and cover with foil.

4. One hour before serving the turkey, place dressing in a 350-degree oven; bake 35-45 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until stuffing is hot, browned, and slightly crisp on top. (45-60 mins total cook time)

T-Man
11-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Chef John Besh 's recipe out of his " My New Orleans Cookbook" looks real good...
Try to google it....

brotherbd
11-18-2010, 11:37 PM
These folks have a lot of great recipes online with a search box. My wife and girls bought me their cookbook last year for Christmas.

Here's their site:
http://realcajunrecipes.com/

another site you might try is:
http://gumbopages.com/
I hear that Chef John Folse visits occasionally and has shared some of his own recipes.

Hope these help!

Blessings,

brotherbd