PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Day Fires In Residential Building Report

bbqbull
11-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I just thought I would pass this along to all the Brethren Members to be extra carefull cooking this holiday season.

http://www.dailydispatch.com/Classifieds/Announcements/item_13147.aspx

N8man
11-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks for that Bull....one can never be too careful
when it comes to Fire and Cooking.....
Be Safe Everyone!!!

mbshop
11-05-2010, 04:45 PM
yea, since i'm in a wheelchair i don't use my deep fryer. i do plan one day to make a setup like alton brown did useing a ladder and pulley system. its alway dangerouse anytime heat and combustibles are put together.

swamprb
11-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Indoor deep frying of turkeys-

I'm gonna send this idea to John Markus and it may show up on the next BBQ Pitmasters!

landarc
11-05-2010, 06:09 PM
There are indoor rated turkey fryers, and there are specific ways to use them. Personally, I think one of the biggest issues is that people just do not pay enough attention to cooking on holidays, it just takes a moments inattention and suddenly you got problems.

chillcoolcold
11-05-2010, 06:48 PM
I do Two 14lb turkeys every year I have caution tape set up around where I'm cooking and fire extinguisher and most important advice Don't start drinking until you start carving. :thumb: Also keep the birds manageble they cook better and less chance of boil over.

yelonutz
11-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Bull, I have fried more turkeys than I care to admit to. The most important rule is no open flames when putting in or removing the turkey. Bring your oil to temp, shut off the propane, lower the turkey in, relight the fire. Do the same when removing. No open flame to ignite the oil, no oil fires!!

NUTZ

chillcoolcold
11-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Bull, I have fried more turkeys than I care to admit to. The most important rule is no open flames when putting in or removing the turkey. Bring your oil to temp, shut off the propane, lower the turkey in, relight the fire. Do the same when removing. No open flame to ignite the oil, no oil fires!!

NUTZ
Ok lighten up have a drink I agree forgot that one

Alan in Ga
11-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks Bull you can never be too careful