PDA

View Full Version : Pilgrims pride chicken...

atvalaska
11-04-2010, 10:58 AM
well with my 1st trip south (TN) under my belt...looked over alot of meat and i have to say that "these/the packages of
Pilgrims pride chicken...i picked up, """had NO pride at all""" and smelled funny to boot:tape:, this was 4 paks i got in 2 differnt towns on differnt days how is your luck with these/brand ( true pilgrims would of paddled their butts back home!!:boxing:)

Smokey Al Gold
11-04-2010, 11:06 AM
The quality if just not there with pilgrims pride. I stay away from it.

swamprb
11-04-2010, 11:12 AM
What are you complaining about?? 24th Place in Chicken at the Jack, leads me to believe that if I ever go back, I'll make sure I use Pilgrims Pride and let it sit in the sun to ripen for the farkin' judges!!

Nice showing by the way, it was nice talking with you!

bigabyte
11-04-2010, 12:03 PM
I just picked some up on sale last weekend, they smelled and looked fine. I'm cooking some up for dinner. I'll let you know if it's not up to snuff.

landarc
11-04-2010, 12:18 PM
wet-aged chicken is the new wagyu?

BBQ Grail
11-04-2010, 12:26 PM
http://www.pilgrimspride.com/freshtrace/

I like that you can actually check the route your chicken took to get to the store.

I buy their chicken all the time and have never had any problems.

atvalaska
11-04-2010, 01:02 PM
What are you complaining about?? 24th Place in Chicken at the Jack, leads me to believe that if I ever go back, I'll make sure I use Pilgrims Pride and let it sit in the sun to ripen for the farkin' judges!!

Nice showing by the way, it was nice talking with you! yea...thanks how u like the drum smoker...i was thinking of "moving up"(?) from the wsm's and learn to cook on one of those primo's....?????