PDA

View Full Version : Attn: KC area shoppers

Fat Woody
11-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Just a general FYI for anyone in the KC metro (or in range of a HyVee) - I just completed a three stop shopping run that took me to a HyVee, Costco and Sam's.

HyVee is running a deal that gets you a free turkey (Honeysuckle White, frozen) with the purchase of a Hormel Cure 81 ham @ 2.99/lb. I spent $16.00 on the ham and picked up a 12.5 lb turkey for nada - not bad. Runs until 11/09, requires a coupon from ad which they had in the store.

Sam's (at least the one off 95th in Lenexa) has Excel choice packer briskies for 1.88/lb. Most were in the 10 lb. range; been a while since I've shopped for 'em, but this seemed like a pretty decent price.

I didn't spend much time at Costco but since I mentioned them: I did pick up a 3 lb. bag of Guatemalan coffee beans for 12.99. It'll last us about 2 weeks the way we go through coffee. Smelled great, even through the bag!

smknwhlswife
11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
May have to stop by a HyVee tomorrow after I drop Andy off at the airport.

Diva
11-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Thank you! I see ham and turkey in my future.

ModelMaker
11-03-2010, 05:00 PM
May have to stop by a HyVee tomorrow after I drop Andy off at the airport.

So the ol man's going to be out of town for the weekend huh?
wink,wink!!!!!
Ed

smknwhlswife
11-03-2010, 10:23 PM
So the ol man's going to be out of town for the weekend huh?
wink,wink!!!!!
Ed

Yes, he is cooking in Shelby, NC. BUT the girls and I will also be going out of town. Driving up to Shawano WI for my Grandfather's 90th Birthday.