PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Life Crisis: I Think I Want A Baby

btcg
10-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Well... if not a baby http://www.stumpssmokersinc.com/html/baby.html

... maybe a Chubby?

The crisis?

About a month ago, I was doing a indirect on some babybacks on my Vermont Castings propane grill. The wife calls, and I go in for no more than 60 seconds, come back, and the grill is sputtering and doing mini-explosions. Quickly, I open the area the tank is in and shut it off, unscrew it, and remove it from the grill. The ribs are on fire, as is the grill, but I've got an extinguisher handy. I almost cried: I lost 2 racks of ribs.

So I Google it and find out others have had this happen (a loose propane fitting). I tighten it, take my pressure washer to the grill, and whala- it works again.

BUT... every other cook on it results in the grill not getting hot enough. I suspect it's the supply hose and govenor, but remember, I am a scheming husband, and see an opportunity:

I've been laying hints to the wife that the grill is on its last legs (it is 7 years old). I see this as my opportunity to get a Baby, Chubby, or a Party, as in a few weeks, I know she'll be asking me what I want for Xmas.

You see... this way, I'm takin one for the team/family. I'll say:

"Well honey, maybe I need to forget about a present this year. We need a new grill..."

See where I'm goin with this? :mad2:

She's just the type to order it with all the extras: stainless steel doors, a guru, etc.

So, which one do I ask for? I'm leaning towards the Party.

hamiltont
10-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Bigger is better IMO!! :thumb: Cheers!!!

btcg
10-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Bigger is better IMO!! :thumb: Cheers!!!

Sure is!

But let me throw another monkey wrench into the gears.

This looks interesting:

http://www.stumpssmokersinc.com/html/backyard_grills.html

Maybe with a Washington Capital's or Detroit Red Wings paint job??????

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

butts a fire
10-07-2010, 04:18 PM
I don't think you could go wrong with any of them but if it were me I would go with the Party you would have enough room to cook anything you want on it. But I am a little Bias.

btcg
10-07-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't think you could go wrong with any of them but if it were me I would go with the Party you would have enough room to cook anything you want on it. But I am a little Bias.

I guess you are :-D