PDA

View Full Version : mostly successful shakedown smoke

rehab6
09-21-2010, 04:58 PM
well, my smoker is finally mostly finished. still need to build a rotisserie for it and a few other mods to the trailer, so i decided to do an impromptu shakedown and only glitch was the stove rope glue did not hold. i was at the fire station yesterday and was getting hassled about not cooking for the guys there yet, so i said fine, be that way, you bring the meat, i will bring the trailer. ended up doing chicken due to time constraints, and made a bbq and hot sauce again, both turned out great. the guys are just as touch picky, and when they were fighting with each other on who could get more first, i think that would be considered a win.

any thoughts on a good brand of stove gasket glue for the pit door?

also trying to decide on a good balance of smoke wood vs fuel wood. a friend of mine says i need MUCH more flavor wood for smoke, and not as much fuel type wood, but everyone today thought it had just the right flavor of smoke, not too heavy. i was tossing a couple chunks of mesquite in at a time, then letting it burn out before tossing a few more on.

side note...i am taking it on its maiden voyage to evansville, IN in a couple weeks to cook for my other department, sadly it will be a goodbye, fairwell and amen trip because the station is shutting down, and the smoker is named after the station.

Norcoredneck
09-21-2010, 05:14 PM
We need pics.

BbqJohn
09-21-2010, 06:52 PM
we need pics.

+100

rehab6
09-21-2010, 07:38 PM
ask and ye shall receive.....

http://picasaweb.google.com/chris.chambers.photo/ThrillOfTheGrill?authkey=Gv1sRgCJTfi-G4w9TzZw&feat=directlink

Missinglink99
09-21-2010, 08:36 PM
that is an amazing smoker!!

Norcoredneck
09-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Awesome set up.

BbqJohn
09-21-2010, 08:43 PM
That's what I am talking about!! That thing is sweeeeet.

rehab6
09-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks! it has been a long road to get this far, and without the help of MANY MANY MANY friends it could not have gotten done. a neat feature, it is all recycled - well over 95% except wiring, air lines, and pop rivets and the such. i have more info on it and a short video on www.rehab6.com - the site is still in the works. i have added a work / party platform to the back with a few... extras

bluetang
09-21-2010, 08:48 PM
You, sir, are such a tease. Wow:clap2:

colonel00
09-21-2010, 09:00 PM
:hail: