PDA

View Full Version : Asian wing sauce

rehab6
09-11-2010, 02:01 AM
ok, so a friend has been hounding me to come up with some sort of asian.... zing sauce. he works for a franchise restaurant that uses an asian sauce as a seller. i am getting ready to do a big wings and rings party, and thinking a good asian sauce might be fun to try. I have a bbq and hot sauce, but want a 3rd type flavor

anyone have any good ideas?

palmcoastbob
09-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Do a search for Generals Chicken. PatioDadio posted the recipie a while back and it turned out fantastic. I think he did an 8 pc cutup chicken but I used bnls/sknls breast. I was going to use it on wings next.

Bob

rehab6
09-11-2010, 08:26 AM
thanks i will try searching for that. he really likes that sauce, and has to be picky of what he eats due to stomach issues. he likes my hot sauce, but can't do anything but taste it, so i want to find a sauce that he can enjoy and be able to actually eat. oh the joys of food allergies.

Garyclaw
09-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Keale sent me this recipe for teriyaki sauce a couple days ago. you can simmer it down to be thicker for the wings:

1 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2-3 in. piece of ginger (you could grate this or it might be better to try dry ground for wings)

SmokinAussie
09-11-2010, 05:39 PM
thanks i will try searching for that. he really likes that sauce, and has to be picky of what he eats due to stomach issues. he likes my hot sauce, but can't do anything but taste it, so i want to find a sauce that he can enjoy and be able to actually eat. oh the joys of food allergies.

What are those allergies exactly?

I'll need to know before I give you any ideas.

Cheers!

Bill

rehab6
09-11-2010, 06:21 PM
His issue is any decent heat tears him up for at least 2 days another friend has coconut and ramano cheese (spelling bad sorry) true parmason cheese is fine it's something with some sort of mold in one over other but not sure which one.

SmokinAussie
09-11-2010, 07:45 PM
1/2 Cup Ground Bean Sauce
1/2 Cup Hoisin Sauce
1/4 Cup Shaoshing Wine
2TBS Oyster Sauce
2TBS Light Soy
1TBS Dark Soy
1TBS Malt Vinegar
1TBS Brown Sugar or Honey
1/2 TSP Chinese 5 Spice

Combine all ingredients and gently heat to infuse all flavours and cook the alcohol out of the rice wine.

You can use this as a marinate or a mop.

If you want to add heat to this for those that can stand it, use a Fermented Chili Soy Bean sauce... about 2 TBS.

There should be plenty of Chinese grocery stores in Columbus for you to get all the ingredients.

Cheers!

Bill

dmprantz
09-11-2010, 09:44 PM
BW3 Asian Zing Copycat. Start here and improvise. That's what I do. Turns out really well!

http://www.food.com/recipe/top-secret-version-of-buffalo-wild-wings-asian-zing-sauce-335244

dmp