PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. The Big Pig Gig Menomonee Falls WI

Trainwreck
09-07-2010, 09:39 AM
I heard they are up to 31 teams. Fat Andy's Backyard BBQ will be there. Anyone else going?

Coz
09-07-2010, 04:58 PM
trying to get stuff lined up not sure yet.

One Arm Bandit
09-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Smokey And The One Arm Bandit will be there.

Ron_L
09-07-2010, 06:47 PM
The web site shows 32 if i counted correctly.

We'll be there and we'll have the coffee pot on on Saturday morning. I should also have bags of whole bean coffee available for $10/bag for those who didn't get theirs at the previous Wisconsin competitions or need more.

mremus
09-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Three Smokin' Butts will be there.

mremus
09-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Has anyone received their info packet for the contest yet?

Ron_L
09-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Not that I know of

Smokin' Joe
09-12-2010, 09:40 PM
I just emailed Toni and if they will have us TippyCanoe BBQ Crew is in!

Ron_L
09-12-2010, 09:50 PM

The way you're cooking lately we may as well stay home!

It will be good to see you, Joe!

Scottie
09-13-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm not going because of lack of communication from the organizer... Plus the prize fund is all messed up. Oh and Tippy is going... :wink:

Smokin' Joe
09-13-2010, 11:40 AM
You guys are gonna make me blush:icon_blush: Grandpa always said it was better to be lucky than good:becky:

This weekend is as good as any for this crazy little run to come to an end, it sure has been a fun ride though:-D I agree that the payout is messed up:crazy:

Looking forward to seeing a few brethren!!

Firestarter
09-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question but at competitions like this do the competitors sell to the general public at all or do they just BBQ for the judges?

Coz
09-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question but at competitions like this do the competitors sell to the general public at all or do they just BBQ for the judges?

As competitors we are not allowed to sell or vend to the public but if you stop by some of the brethren teams may share a little I know we usually do. If you do make it there stop by and introduce your self.

Coz
09-13-2010, 05:24 PM
I am waiting on her also

Ron_L
09-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Got the information e-mail today. Was anyone else surprised that they weren't providing electricity? The entry form didn't say they would, but nothing said that they wouldn't. I have a generator so it's no problem for me, but I wonder if it will be for others.

Trainwreck
09-13-2010, 05:32 PM
I got an email today with the information from the organizer. I would assume you should be getting your info shortly. We will be hosting the 9:22 and we will have the chocolate milk for those that require it.

Scottie
09-13-2010, 06:28 PM
I think it said on the app that there wouldn't be electric. Her eleft said all they had were 20 x 20 spots left?

Firestarter
09-13-2010, 07:30 PM
As competitors we are not allowed to sell or vend to the public but if you stop by some of the brethren teams may share a little I know we usually do. If you do make it there stop by and introduce your self.
Thanks Coz, I will for sure stop by and introduce myself.

Coz
09-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Damn I did not see that IOWA boy was comin... Lookin forward to seein ya again Joe. If she is out of the big spots I hope she aint worried about the extra 2 or 3 feet.

Smokin' Joe
09-13-2010, 08:39 PM
if she's outta the big spots I hope she aint worried about an extra 20 feet for me:crazy:

i guess I've got other options, I just need to know one way or the other!!

Ron_L
09-13-2010, 09:45 PM
I think it said on the app that there wouldn't be electric. Her eleft said all they had were 20 x 20 spots left?

I looked at the app again and I don't see it. It's not a big deal, but it's nice to know stuff like that ahead of time.

BTW, what's an eleft? :becky:

Trainwreck
09-13-2010, 09:52 PM
I think it said on the app that there wouldn't be electric.
Definitely no electric. She told me that last time some one drove over a couple of the turtles and they had to pay for them so no power this year. Bring generators if you need power.

bob80001
09-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Got the information e-mail today. Was anyone else surprised that they weren't providing electricity? The entry form didn't say they would, but nothing said that they wouldn't. I have a generator so it's no problem for me, but I wonder if it will be for others.

She did mention it to me, so I was aware, but it did not say anywhere that there was no electricity. I assumed that she was diligent about notifying everyone as they sent in their stuff...apparently not. I was surprised that it wasn't stated on the entry form.

Scottie
09-13-2010, 11:05 PM
BTW, what's an eleft? :becky:

It's Russian....

Man, I know I saw that about electric somewhere.. I thought for sure on the app. Another reason I backed off. Too much entry for a contest with no cash and nothing supplied... heck the water should be an adventure as well. She said in her email They widened the gate for the field... I hope so, it was tight.

Good luck. I'm giving up a chance to defend ...

Ron_L
09-15-2010, 08:11 AM
I want to remind my Wisconsin customers that this may be your last opportunity to stock up on bags of Roastin' Ronnie's coffee before the long winter! :-D

sewerrat
09-15-2010, 12:21 PM
The Pig Gig is about a mile from my house, so if any Brethren need a hand or forgot something from home that I can bring, just let me know . .otherwise I'll just walk around and observe. Good luck to all.

Trainwreck
09-15-2010, 12:59 PM
The Pig Gig is about a mile from my house, so if any Brethren need a hand or forgot something from home that I can bring, just let me know . .otherwise I'll just walk around and observe. Good luck to all.

Make sure to stop by and introduce yourself.

sewerrat
09-15-2010, 01:39 PM

Roger that!:becky::thumb:

Coz
09-15-2010, 09:17 PM

Stop by us as well:thumb:

brewerjamie15
09-16-2010, 09:50 AM
I think I saw that judging starts at about 11am. I'm not in the competition, but I am going to walk around and eat. Will any of you still be there around 3-3:30pm? I'd like to talk to brethren folks again and introduce myself. Oh, and if I were to be drooling and if you saw it in yourself to perhaps want to get rid of some brisket.....

Ron_L
09-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Turn ins are noon for chicken, 12:30 for ribs, 1:00 for pork and 1:30 for brisket.

The schedule shows that the awards aren't until 4:30, so we'll all be hanging around until then. We start packing up as soon as the last turn in is done, but we'll be around.

brewerjamie15
09-16-2010, 09:42 PM
I figured that things would be sooner than that, so I'm looking forward to meeting some of you folks.

bob80001
09-16-2010, 11:04 PM
I was planning on this one being my first comp, but I ended up pulling out when I had a conflict on Saturday. :doh: But hopefully I'll have a chance to swing by on Friday night to say howdy and meet some folks.

brewerjamie15
09-18-2010, 06:41 AM
The folks who stayed Friday night are, and have been getting drenched with some pretty heavy rain. Lots of lightning, impressive claps of thunder, most likely a mess of mud, and some weak wind.

I'm going as a spectator this afternoon if things get better. Forecast shows 50 percent chance of scattered T-storms for the rest of the day. I looked at a map and it appears as if things from this particular front should break soon, but I'm not sure how fast the storm is moving.

I hope folks have battened down the hatches and can hang in there.

Would the competition still go on if raining?

What does the high humidity, etc do to cooking times or the like?

Any of you folks reach a point where you just gave up and left a competition?

Captain P.J.
09-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Would the competition still go on if raining?

What does the high humidity, etc do to cooking times or the like?

Any of you folks reach a point where you just gave up and left a competition?

Yes, it would still go on as miserable as it is. I know humidity always adds some extra time for me, so I just put my meat on a little earlier. And no, I would not just give up and go. Especially after buying and prepping all of the meat and making all of the arrangements to go to the competition.