PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs steakhouse mar. for ribeyes?

Dave Russell
09-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Happy Labor Day, everybody....the day we honor those that are working with R&R for those that aren't. :confused:

Anyway, got some ribeyes to grill for lunch and the inlaws are comin' over, so don't want to screw 'em up.

Can anyone vouch for the Stubbs steakhouse marinade for ribeyes? If so, how long to marinade, and then do you rub on anything dry like cracked bp? I usually just do a dry steak rub and do a really hot sear on both sides, but any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Dave

Dave Russell
09-06-2010, 09:26 AM
bump

harley76
09-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Dave, I have never met a ribeye that needed a marinade and personally I wouldn't do it. For me it s&p garlic powder and that's it, anything else and you ruin the taste of a great grilling steak. The only tip I can offer is always start grill'n your steak only after it has come to room temperature.

ThomEmery
09-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Fine produce wrong meat
I have used it on loss leader sale item Beef

bluetang
09-06-2010, 10:06 AM
No marinade for me either. A good steak stands on its own. S, P, and maybe a touch of cayenne.

Dave Russell
09-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Well, it didn't ruin the ribeyes, but it didn't really help, either, but thanks for the replies, guys. I just got busy and didn't get to check back soon enough.

Thankfully, It's not one of those marinades that has a lot of salt or soy sauce, more garlic and ancho pepper, and a lot of the same stuff that Heinz 57 has in it. As to cuts it would be good on, I guess flat iron steaks, skirt, etc. They were fine, though. The marinade just didn't make 'em any better than simply grillin' with seasoned salt and cracked pepper.

ThomEmery
09-06-2010, 04:04 PM
product
dang where did the edit button go?

Dave Russell
09-06-2010, 04:06 PM
product
dang where did the edit button go?

Huhh?

ThomEmery
09-06-2010, 04:08 PM
No I wrote nice produce when I meant to say nice product :)
LOL spell check will not correct the wrong word

Dave Russell
09-06-2010, 04:19 PM
That's funny. I didn't notice it didn't say "product". I guess sometimes we see what we think we see.

Vince B
09-06-2010, 05:02 PM
I've used the stubbs marinades before and liked them. I really like to use the chicken one. For a nice ribeye its kosher salt, worcestershire pepper from McCormick, and light sprinkle of garlic for me. The only time I've used the beef one was for kabobs.