PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Mid Missouri - Bellybro

Bellybro
08-18-2004, 03:35 PM
I have been a member for a little over a month and have properly introduced myself.

I live North of Columbia, Mo and am friends with Solidkick, He has got me hooked on this site. I have not posted but have lurked many days reading and enjoying everyone else's posts.

I have been cooking since I was a kid, Was kitchen manager for a local restaraunt for about 5 years, owned my own restaraunt and bar in Southern Missouri for awhile.

Have cooked competitively in a small local festival contest for about 3 years, nothing sanctioned until this year at the Boone County Fair. My brother-in-law and I are really into this and asked Solidkick to join us for the fair cook. Also KC joined us in our adventure which turned out great. We have just ordered a custom smoker to be built by a local welding shop here and anxiously await it's arrival. 2 weeks they say.

I am married with 2 kids one of each. My son is starting to get into cooking some and actually won 3rd at the Boone county fair kids Q behind kicks son who took first.

Anyway without rambling on too much more just wanted to say Howdy and thanks for having me!

parrothead
08-18-2004, 03:37 PM
Welcome aboard. Glad to have you.

jt
08-18-2004, 03:39 PM
Glad to have you Bellybro. I met you there at the fair and hung around with Kick and KC.

Now, quit lurking and start posting!

jt

chad
08-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Welcome.

Pictures of the new rig are mandatory!! :D

Bellybro
08-18-2004, 03:45 PM
Yes, JT I do remember you! Sorry I probably wasn't much conversation by that time of the contest. We'll have to get together with kick and kick it up while burning something on the pit!

cabo
08-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Welcome!!!!
As far as posting is concerned, it should be easy to catch me. I’m just over 500. Not so much , considering the more gabbier members, but they are what keep this place interesting….. pull up a chair, have a brew, share your expertise, ask a question. Hell, I might be even able to answer one. I'm sure I'll have a question or 2. BUT, REMEMBER, Have Fun!!!!!!!!

kcquer
08-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Bellybro Welcome Brother, Good to see you posting. Sounds like you got the hardware coming, this is where the software is. If you've been reading for a month I got feeling you're ready to try that new rig out. Best of luck with it and don't hesitate to ask anything.
Thanks again for letting me join y'all at the contest, awesome first experience.

Solidkick
08-18-2004, 04:24 PM
We'll have to get together with kick and kick it up while burning something on the pit!

I'm ALL for that! Central MOFO min-bash! Are we gonna boil the ribs first?? :twisted:

John and I go back a long ways. I was best man at his wedding. Along with his brother-in-law, Darrel (BellyBrotherII) you just couldn't ask for better friends. In fact, we're more family than friends, and you couldn't ask for better family. Every year on 4th of July there is a big party at John's and Darrel's. Our ladies love this time of year. Good food, lots of beer, and then the Watermelon Pucker comes out of the freezer! OHH LAWD! Do our ladies Love the Watermelon Pucker!! It's their day, and we love it because the other 364 days our ladies love us and put up with our shenanigans, and now our competing. We got it so good!

Welcome Brother John!

MikeG
08-18-2004, 04:58 PM
Welcome Bellybro,
You keep good company when you cook.
Hope the site is a blessing to you.
MikeG

Trout_man22
08-18-2004, 06:59 PM
Welcome out of the closet, dose the rest of the family know yet?

Trout

Bigdog
08-18-2004, 07:06 PM
Welcome Bellybro. You realize that you are now one of the MOFO's. :P

BigBelly
08-19-2004, 08:07 AM
From one belly to another, welcome!

Let the exchange of information start a flowin'.

Mark
08-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Welcome fellow MOFO. I'm in St. Peters; about 90 miles from Columbia I think.

cookswithfire
08-20-2004, 09:46 AM
Glad your here
Two weeks before the smoker is ready...I'm with DFlittle picts are a must along with cigars :wink: