PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Roadtrip

Tack
08-28-2010, 06:08 AM
Well the wife and I have always thought that taking a month or so and traveling around doing competitions sounds like a good idea. Well we have decided that next year is the year to do this.
I am looking for suggestions for competitions to do out in the Midwest region so that we can see some of the country that we haven't been too.

What are some of your favorite places to go and compete?

Lippy
08-28-2010, 07:37 AM
There are alot of great comps in Indiana. A couple of them are within a week or two of each other.

Trucky1008
08-28-2010, 07:40 AM
There are lots of great comps in the Midwest all summer long. We've only done 3 so far, so I'm not qualified to tell you which one's are the best. Since most comps seem to bo scheduled the same time from year to year I'd suggest you check out the KCBS website for the list of this years comps for an idea of what to expect for next year. A lot will depend on what time of the summer you plan your 1 month road trip. Sounds like a great idea!

luckyduk
08-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Come to Iowa, in my experiences there are some very pleasant and congenial teams, plus some of the best competition around!!!! Also in the right month you can hit numerous comps not far from each other~!!