PDA

View Full Version : Apprenticeship opportunities?

Groundhog66
08-26-2010, 10:42 AM
I was hoping to get some feedback from the competitors out there....I would love to get into competition cooking, but I am not even close to having the knowledge required to do it on my own. So my question is, are there many teams out there who would consider taking an individual on in some capacity that would allow them to learn? I would assume it would be something like a "Go Fer" role, or similar?

Jorge
08-26-2010, 10:56 AM
This would be a good place to start.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Groundhog66
08-26-2010, 12:03 PM
This would be a good place to start.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49

My apologies, I glossed right past that at the top of the page.

JiveTurkey
08-26-2010, 12:38 PM
PM me. I can always use a hand but I might not be competing for the rest of the year due to other commitments.

rookiedad
08-26-2010, 01:14 PM
if you feel like flying to new york :)

C Rocke
08-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Let us know if you get to So Cal!

Andrews
08-26-2010, 01:51 PM
I was hoping to get some feedback from the competitors out there....I would love to get into competition cooking, but I am not even close to having the knowledge required to do it on my own. So my question is, are there many teams out there who would consider taking an individual on in some capacity that would allow them to learn? I would assume it would be something like a "Go Fer" role, or similar?

If you are willing to brave going to TJ/Baja California I could put you to work this weekend.

PM me and I'll fill you in on the deatails.

Andrew

Groundhog66
08-26-2010, 02:03 PM
PM me. I can always use a hand but I might not be competing for the rest of the year due to other commitments.

PM Sent

if you feel like flying to new york :)

That would be fun, not sure I can swing it in the near future though.....but I may take you up on it one day.

Let us know if you get to So Cal!

Will do :thumb:

If you are willing to brave going to TJ/Baja California I could put you to work this weekend.

PM me and I'll fill you in on the deatails.

Andrew

PM Sent

Skip
08-26-2010, 06:47 PM
This is why the Brethren is great. Where else??? Bravo to all who offered.

Maybe DivaHerself and R&Q might take you to a comp to help and learn too. I know they are out on that coast.

Groundhog66
08-26-2010, 06:52 PM
This is why the Brethren is great. Where else??? Bravo to all who offered.

Maybe DivaHerself and R&Q might take you to a comp to help and learn too. I know they are out on that coast.

How great would that be :shocked: