PDA

View Full Version : (sausage) Fatty Thoughts

motoeric
08-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Hi,

I put that 'sausage' in the title so people wouldn't think this post was just on my ruminations about life.

When I make a fatty I'm always a bit disappointed that what I stuff it with gets dislodged and sometimes lost. Melting cheeses seep through the sausage, peppers get mixed about, etc.

When making fatty's with hard boiled eggs (like an extended scotch egg), I like seeing the clear cross section when it's sliced.

I was thinking about using manicotti shells to achieve the same affect. Boil the pasta and stuff it with whatever, lay it in the fatty, roll the sausage around it and smoke it up. It will hold everything neatly in place, hopefully including things that will partially liquefy.

Thoughts?

Eric

chambersuac
08-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Sounds like a great idea. Let us know how it works out, will ya?

Alan in Ga
08-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Thats an excellent idea never thought of that

jlondon
08-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Cool. It is certainly worth a try, though I can't help but wonder how the pasta will actually hold up texture-wise. Could go either way depending on your heat and moisture. Please do keep us posted -- pics would be cool too. Good luck!

motoeric
08-23-2010, 03:56 PM
I'll give it a shot at the Taste of Tanger event and I'll take some photos.

Eric

Sledneck
08-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Fatties jumped the shark

MilitantSquatter
08-23-2010, 06:15 PM
I guess it would work.. but I'd rather save the manicotti for a really good tomato sauce.

Fatties jumped the shark

agreed... most overrated "BBQ" item.. closely followed by ABT's and MOINK's.

Sledneck
08-23-2010, 07:23 PM
I guess it would work.. but I'd rather save the manicotti for a really good tomato sauce.

agreed... most overrated "BBQ" item.. closely followed by ABT's and MOINK's.

Amen!