PDA

View Full Version : I just cooked a chucky, 3 racks of ribs, a Boston Butt, 18 Chicken Thighs, Slaw, and Potato Salad, but I'm hungry

Boshizzle
08-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Today, I BBQ'd a butt, a chucky, 3 racks of ribs, 18 chicken thighs, mac & cheese, slaw, potato salad, and cantelope & watermelon fruit salad for my wife's birthday party. I got to eat about 3 ounces of chuckie and 1 rib. Everyting else is gone. I'm still hungry. It was too busy to take pics, but those people acted like starvin' Marvins.

The best part is, it appears, everyone enjoyed the BBQ. I think I have a few pics of the ribs and the butt. When I get a chance to track them down, I will post them.

Now, I am off to microwave a cup of Ramen noodles with some Sriracha mixed in.

JazzyBadger
08-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Haha, man that is awesome, but after hearing all about it I feel like that Raman is a total ripoff. Make yourself a grilled cheese and ham sammie at the very least!

Boshizzle
08-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Here is a pic of the butt and two slabs of spares rubbed down -

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=326&pictureid=2646

Here are the ribs -

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=326&pictureid=2645

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=326&pictureid=2647

And, here is dinner -

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=326&pictureid=2644

I wasn't able to get any pics of the chucky or chicken or the rack of baby backs, just too busy.

Phrasty
08-07-2010, 11:14 PM
I know what that's like. When I'm Qing for parties it seems I hardly eat anything... The best part is seeing everyone happy! :thumb: Most of the time I just grab a bit when it's being packed up. Just kinda sit and relax with a drink when everyone is eating. Sounds like a great lineup! Waiting for the pics! :becky:

Cheers

Edit: took too long to post :heh:... The grub looks great!

RDWD
08-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Nice pron looks like you had a real good time. I also seem to end up not eating much when I cook for parties, I just nibble on little chefs treats while I cook.

Johnny_Crunch
08-08-2010, 12:30 AM
early bird gets the worm.............

zydecopaws
08-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Don't you love it when you spend all your time cooking and don't get anything to eat because you were either too tired or it was all gone by the time you got done? :mad:

frognot
08-08-2010, 03:00 AM
You gotta invoke Cook's Privilege in the future. You need to sample everything first to make sure it's okay plus throw on something extra (rib trimmings, ABTs, etc) that is done before the main food is done as snacks for the cook.

Of course, i follow the teachings of Dr. BBQ who says "you can't cook with an empty glass" and stay well hydrated while cooking.

EatonHoggBBQ
08-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Looks good to me. I'd even hit the noodles.

SmokinAussie
08-08-2010, 06:11 AM
This is the eternal problem a good chef faces. You just have to snaffle the best for yourself and hide it till you can get a chance to eat!

demnemisis
08-08-2010, 12:00 PM
You gotta invoke Cook's Privilege in the future. You need to sample everything first to make sure it's okay plus throw on something extra (rib trimmings, ABTs, etc) that is done before the main food is done as snacks for the cook.

Of course, i follow the teachings of Dr. BBQ who says "you can't cook with an empty glass" and stay well hydrated while cooking.

Amen Brother! In my house the cook gets the finest cuts as they get trimmed. But the name of the game is everyones enjoyment:) Ramen noodles though, Really?

Boshizzle
08-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the tips, guys. I will try to build in a strategy next time.

Boshizzle
08-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Looks good to me. I'd even hit the noodles.

:-P Actually, there were pretty tasty, but Sriracha will make just about anything taste better.

Boshizzle
08-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Amen Brother! In my house the cook gets the finest cuts as they get trimmed. But the name of the game is everyones enjoyment:) Ramen noodles though, Really?

By the time folks had left and I had cleaned up my cookers and the dishes and everything else, all I had energy left for was to push the button on the microwave. :-D

Mad Max
08-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Got to keep a little stash for the cook, on the side, or taste as you cook.:wink: