PDA

View Full Version : Lost Ring at the Iola Contest, Please Help

Smokin Mike
08-02-2010, 07:53 PM
this is the ad that we sent to the local paper.

[Lost Diamond Ring--Reward

I lost my silver (white gold) diamond anniversary band at the BBQ contest on Saturday, July 31. I was on the fairgrounds near the community building. Our team,(we cook with) Sticks-n-Chicks, were on the grass by the parking. You can still see the 3 burnt circles in the grass by the power supply. I was also at the RV Park on and near the dog walking area. Reward if found. Please call (913) xxx-xxxx (pm me if found thanks).]

Guys,

this ring has way more sentimental value to us then how much it's worth, it has five diamonds to represent the first 5 years my wife put up with me :thumb:.

this is what we did so far, we combed thou Will's trailer (sticks-n-chicks), our R.V twice, and her car. The organizers of the BBQ competition personally went out with a metal detector and scanned the area we where at. My wife drove out sunday to look where we hooked up the R.V, and at the park where the competition was held at, even the local police, and deputy helped look. Tomorrow people are going to go thru the trash to look, they know there is a good reward if found.

We ran out of ideas what to do next, I am thinking about calling all the pawn shops around the area, there can't be to many right?

I am going to make sure KCBS, knows how much these guys are helping us, and how great the contest was, I never been to one as nice as this one, by phone, email, and letter.

TIA,

Mike and Karen

Ron_L
08-02-2010, 08:02 PM
I hope that it turns up, Mike! You may want to get a description or pictures to pawn shops in that area (if there are any, I don't now the area) just in case someone found it and decides to make a buck off of it.

bbqbull
08-02-2010, 08:10 PM
I suggest you contact a few metal detecting forums, join them and post your loss in their lost/found areas.

Also Google metal detecting clubs and let them know about your loss.

Metaldetectingforum.com is a great site.
Treasurenet.com is another awesome site.

If I lived closer I would be there in a heartbeat to assist you in your search.
Good luck.

Smokin Mike
08-02-2010, 09:14 PM
I hope that it turns up, Mike! You may want to get a description or pictures to pawn shops in that area (if there are any, I don't now the area) just in case someone found it and decides to make a buck off of it.

thanks, that is a great idea, but we didn't ever take a pic of the ring, this is as close as we can get,

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll39/agentmichael2/diamondanniversaryring.jpg

I suggest you contact a few metal detecting forums, join them and post your loss in their lost/found areas.

Also Google metal detecting clubs and let them know about your loss.

Metaldetectingforum.com is a great site.
Treasurenet.com is another awesome site.

If I lived closer I would be there in a heartbeat to assist you in your search.
Good luck.

thank you Mike, I am going to be busy tonite :clap2:, thanks!

Rub
08-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Did you check the gray water tank on the trailer and or Moho?

beerguy
08-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Any chance it wasnt worn to the comp? Maybe left on a bedstand, vanity, etc. I say that because I have tore things apart thinkin of where i thought i lost it, only o find three days later the item was right where i left it. My wallet comes to mind. long story.

BBQ_Mayor
08-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Did you check the gray water tank on the trailer and or Moho?

^^^Just what I was thinking.

Any chance it wasnt worn to the comp? Maybe left on a bedstand, vanity, etc. I say that because I have tore things apart thinkin of where i thought i lost it, only o find three days later the item was right where i left it. My wallet comes to mind. long story.

I too have left things in spots where I would'nt lose them only to forget where that spot was.:icon_blush:

Rub
08-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Add sink p-traps to that if there are any.

Smokin Mike
08-03-2010, 11:36 AM
thanks guys, I did check the sinks, the traps are to small for a ring to go thru.

Ashmont
08-03-2010, 11:43 AM
I would check all clothing as well. I could easily put it in my pocket while pulling pork and for get to put it back on.. I now put it on my key chain. If you brought any leftovers home look in there as well. I could have slipped off while pulling pork.