PDA

View Full Version : The way to start the day...

Bigmista
07-31-2004, 12:09 PM
I woke up feeling a little peckish (hungry for the grammatically challenged) so I decided to throw a little something on the smoker.

Both butts were brined. One is my "private" rub and the other is Southern Flavor. I got lucky too. Food4Less had fatties on sale 10 for $10 so I stocked up. MrsMista thinks I have lost my mind.

So what are YOU cooking today?

Bill-Chicago
07-31-2004, 01:30 PM
try wrapping a coupl ine foil after about 3 hours after liberal spraying in the foil. after 2 hours, one more in the cooler.

Bigmista
07-31-2004, 02:44 PM
Sprayed and wrapped now...

kcquer
07-31-2004, 03:10 PM
Bill, the fatties I did 3-2-1 yesterday rocked! May have the same problems as others completing the process but I got through it yesterday with the help of some baby backs.
Mista, nice butt(s) :wink: :lol:

Bigmista
07-31-2004, 03:43 PM
I've always though my butts were my best "ass"et.

The_Kapn
07-31-2004, 04:35 PM
Well, Shucks. I saw the thread title and y'all are newlyweds--so I thought (NeverMind) :oops:
Cant wait to hear how that cook turns out!
I really admire what you do without the offset.
Ya Da Man!
From the other thread, If you can't find any decent digital thermometers locally, Amazon has Taylors reasonable. They float from $11.95 to $16.95. But, everywhere else is normally $25 and up. If you buy 2 and get your order over $25--free shipping.
Taylors are good.
Happy Cooking,
TIM

Bigmista
07-31-2004, 04:37 PM
I'm tryng to reclaim my kitchen from all of the mess in there. In-Law Visitation Mod. When I can find an empty spce, I'm gonna whip up some turds. I'll let you know how they progress.

mook
07-31-2004, 05:30 PM
I got lucky too. Food4Less had fatties on sale 10 for $10 so I stocked up. MrsMista thinks I have lost my mind.

WOW you got lucky and FFL had fatties on sale!!!!!!!!!!
That is a great way to start the day/

Wish I had a FFL up here.

Green with envy mod.

Bigmista
07-31-2004, 10:21 PM
These are my butts right before I sprayed and foiled them. I lso used some of the leftover turd stuffing on a biscit with a slice of fatty. That was good eatin! TK came by and had some. I'm sure he will give yo all details of his trip later.

Bigmista
08-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Well the butts were great after a little foil time in the oven. I made some coleslaw to put on the bun that was even better. Here is a quick recipe:

1/2 head of cabbage
1/2 can crushed pineapple (reserve juice)

3oz. Sweet Vidalia Onion Salad Dressing
1oz. Apple Cider Vinegar
1oz. Pineapple Juice
1 TBSP Sugar
Salt & Black Pepper to taste.

Put the first 2 ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until blended well. Pour into bowl with cabbage and toss. Simple and tasty!