PDA

View Full Version : Turkey/Fish Fryer Score!

Wesman61
07-24-2010, 03:37 AM
I was in Walmart getting some things for a camping trailer we bought recently and saw that all their turkey fryers were marked down to $20.00. They were originally $40-$80. I bought one that was marked down from $70.00. I'll post a pic when I figure out how to get out of mobile mode.

Wesman61
07-24-2010, 03:38 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/guittguy1/Photo0111.jpg?t=1279960355

Norcoredneck
07-24-2010, 05:15 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/guittguy1/Photo0111.jpg?t=1279960355

Nice one, congrats. Might want to take it outside to use it.:becky:

gnwes
07-24-2010, 07:35 AM
thats awesome, i keep looking at them when i go to wally world but they are still full price here.

brownkw
07-24-2010, 07:44 AM
Nice find!

Learnin Querve
07-24-2010, 09:30 AM
My wife was skeptical when I bought one of those many years ago. I told her it was for heating dishwater on camping trips with the Scout Troop. It was a lot faster than the Coleman stove...

I was redeemed at Thanksgiving. I boiled 20# of potatoes in about half the time it would have taken to do them on the stove. No extra heat in the kitchen, no steamed up windows, and there were still burners available on the stove for the other goodies.

We use it whenever we have to boil lots of potatoes or pasta for salads (winter or summer). It's also great with a big cast iron skillet for fried chicken and chicken fried steak. Leave the grease and mess outside. And if you have a wok, it'll bring new meaning to stir fry.

Funny thing is, I've never fried a turkey in mine.

Chris

campdude
07-24-2010, 10:19 AM
I love my turkey fryer. It's great or lots of things. I make carnitas in it that are killer good. I fry, boil, and use it as an extra burner at home. It's great for camping when I can't do eveything on the ECB. Learnin Querve, you gotta try a turkey in it. Very easy and VERY TASTEY.:clap2::cool: Chickens and fish and chips too.

Willie's BBQ
07-24-2010, 11:28 AM
sure wish my wally world had them marked down :tsk:

stl-rich
07-24-2010, 01:26 PM
If I had a turkey fryer I could light my chimney on it and curbside my gasser:becky:

campdude
07-24-2010, 01:29 PM
If I had a turkey fryer I could light my chimney on it and curbside my gasser:becky:
Works great for that too.:clap2:

Learnin Querve
07-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Sorry Campdude, it would be a waste of good peanut oil. I've eaten deep fried turkey on a few occasions and I've smoked a couple of turkeys.

If I never ate a piece of turkey again in my life, I wouldn't miss it.

Chris

campdude
07-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Sorry Campdude, it would be a waste of good peanut oil. I've eaten deep fried turkey on a few occasions and I've smoked a couple of turkeys.

If I never ate a piece of turkey again in my life, I wouldn't miss it.

Chris
:confused: Well, I guess if you don't like turkey, don't do it!

Wesman61
07-24-2010, 01:45 PM
My Uncle gave me a plow disc with horseshoes welded on for handles recently. I needed at least the burner to use it. This came with everything to fry a turkey as well as a shorter pan for frying fish and a spoon for taking the fish out. I bought one of these for my Son who also likes to cook and Q. These were marked down at the Wally World near my house. My niece works at another Walmart here in town and she said each store is allotted so many mark down dollars at the beginning of each month. She said our store had more mark down dollars then her's. BTW that little spot to the left of the top of the pan on the carpet is dog food. When we forget to feed the dog she will get mouth fulls of dog food after we put some in her bowl and drop them around the house, on the floor, in the corner of the couch etc. I guess she knows how to adapt to hard times.

Chef Jim
07-24-2010, 01:59 PM
:confused: Well, I guess if you don't like turkey, don't do it!

I feel the same way about asparagus. :becky: