PDA

View Full Version : Members and Guests

fweck
07-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Mods please move if this isn't the right space. I scrolled down to the bottom of Q-Talk at 5:25 pm Saturday and saw that there were 526 people here, but, 128 are members and 398 are guests. I think that it is awesome that there are so many people finding this site, but why not become a member and actively participate? Or if not post, at least register?

Kevin
07-17-2010, 06:50 PM
That is why we are here. Good point Fweck. Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could arrive, come inside come inside.

Saiko
07-17-2010, 06:55 PM
That is why we are here. Good point Fweck. Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could arrive, come inside come inside.

Emerson Lake & Palmer! I win.

Kevin
07-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Emerson Lake & Palmer! I win.

:becky:

Chef Jim
07-18-2010, 12:01 AM
Somewhat recently I have started to look at the posts to see who is a paying subscriber. That started just after a brother offered sort of a prize for new subscribers if they signed up by X date. Or even if they made a donation I think.

Regardless, I have no idea what it costs to run the best forum on the entire WWW but it can't be cheap. And I see members with no beers or stars or anything.

Looks kind of like welfare to me. A few pay and the rest just hang on for the free ride!

I have been a subscriber for almost six months and truly believe that it is worth so much more than $25 bucks. Where else can you get a question answered almost within minutes of posting something?

Thanks for bringing up the subject.

capri man
07-18-2010, 06:18 AM
i have been a subscriber for 2-3 years now and it is worth every penny and more!!:thumb::thumb:

NRA4Life
07-18-2010, 09:11 AM
The endless knowledge, experience, feedback, and suggestions about BBQ, BBQ cookers, and smoker fabrication can't be obtained anywhere other than here and $25 is a bargain any way you cut it.

LMAJ
07-18-2010, 09:17 PM
I don't usually get on this topic, but I see our guests are out numbering our members 2:1 right now.
Welcome Guests.
How many of you are returning? If you are, you obviously like it here. If that's the case, help keep it running and click on a few ads and or throw a little cash in the basket as it passes your way. There is a ton of informaiton on this site, let's keep it up and running.
OK, off the soap box.

FretBender
07-18-2010, 09:18 PM
The knowledge and help here is awesome! I have also seen people who seem to post just to see their name on the screen. It takes all kinds so I can't opine on anyone or why they do their thing or not. Just keep cooking!