PDA

View Full Version : Just a note to all I met.

SmokyOkie
07-11-2010, 10:20 PM
To all of the great folks that I met at Shannon this past weekend, thank you all for the help and friendliness that you showed me.

It was really great to see folks that I haven't seen for a while , and equally as great to finally be able to put some faces with the online acquaintences that I have made here over the last few years.

Hopefully our paths will cross again soon.

And to all t you Illinois Brethren members, thank you for allowing an old fat Okie to come up and compete in your home area.

I had a great time up there and will most likely consider coming next year, where ever it might end up.

Congrats to all that competed and did well.

Ken V
07-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Tim, it was nice meeting you, hope to see ya again on the trail one of these days.

Ken

SmokyOkie
07-12-2010, 11:49 AM
And you as well my friend.

BBQ_Mayor
07-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Boy, I need to get out more. :icon_blush:. Sorry I missed you and other brethren that were there. I met Rub but didn't get out much futher.
Hopefully another time.

Rub
07-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Great to meet you guys and several others. I was busier than I wanted to be so didn't get to socialize as much as I would have liked. Looking forward to seeing everyone again somewhere down the road.

SmokyOkie
07-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Boy, I need to get out more. :icon_blush:. Sorry I missed you and other brethren that were there. I met Rub but didn't get out much futher.
Hopefully another time.

I'm not so sure that I didn't meet you. Hell, I met so many great folks that remembering all the names and putting them with faces and team names is just too much strain on this ol fat Okie's declining mental functions.:roll:

Great to meet you guys and several others. I was busier than I wanted to be so didn't get to socialize as much as I would have liked. Looking forward to seeing everyone again somewhere down the road.

Great to have had the pleasure Rub. I'm convinced that your and todd's approval of my brisket sample is what gave me the luck to have won the call I did.

If you're ever in Oklahoma, look me up.

Bones
07-13-2010, 11:36 AM
I was the team across from you that had the Backwoods Competitor with auto water and convection that you wanted to look at.

It was great meeting you and hope our paths cross again.

Congrats on the call

Chris
Bartlett Boneheads

SmokyOkie
07-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Of course I remember you. It was nice meeting you and visiting with you as well. Sorry I didn't get a chance to congratulate you on your ribs call, but we were awful anxious to hit the road.

Belated as it might be, congrats on the 1st place walk.

BTW- I never did get a card from your Royal Oak friend. Can you ask him to drop me a line and/or send me a card?

Bones
07-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Of course I remember you. It was nice meeting you and visiting with you as well. Sorry I didn't get a chance to congratulate you on your ribs call, but we were awful anxious to hit the road.

Belated as it might be, congrats on the 1st place walk.

BTW- I never did get a card from your Royal Oak friend. Can you ask him to drop me a line and/or send me a card?

Thanks, that was my first 1st place call and I was very happy and shocked.

I sent Brian an e-mail and ask him to contact you.

Ron_L
07-14-2010, 12:40 PM
It was nice to meet you, too, Tim!

SmokyOkie
07-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Equally nice to meet you as well Ron.

My only regret is that I wasn't able to get by and buy some of your coffee. I didn't know you did that until somebody stopped by out site and showed me some. I think it might've been Ken, but things were such a blur that I really can't say for sure.:redface:

Q-Stream
07-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Congratulations on that 3rd place brisket, Tim, looks like your custom injection brew is working very well.

It was nice to finally be able to put a face with the name, especially since it came as a surprise for that to happen in Shannon. Good luck with the rest of your contests this year, I am sure I will be down in your neck of the woods a few times next year.

Laird

SmokyOkie
07-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Congratulations on that 3rd place brisket, Tim, looks like your custom injection brew is working very well.

It was nice to finally be able to put a face with the name, especially since it came as a surprise for that to happen in Shannon. Good luck with the rest of your contests this year, I am sure I will be down in your neck of the woods a few times next year.

Laird

I will prolly not cook any more comps this year other than if I am asked to help others. As I said, we have not replaced our rig yet, and prolly will not before next year.

It was certainly nice to come acros a few folks that I had not expected to, yourself included.

If you ever end up down this way, be sure to get in touch.:thumb::thumb: