PDA

View Full Version : Hey Farkers!...It's Friday...What's Smokin' This Weekend?

JD McGee
07-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Friday Night Steaks tonight...:thumb: I'm also smokin' 3 lbs of Sockeye salmon, 15 lbs of brisket, 15 lbs of pork butt, and 10 lbs of chicken for a small catering gig...:becky: Saturday and Sunday are still wide open...

Have a great weekend folks...stay cool...if you can...we hit triple digits up here yesterday so I'm cookin' in the shade today! :cool:

Phubar
07-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Probably some Chicks again on sunday McG....

toumaj
07-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Friday Night Steaks tonight...:thumb: I'm also smokin' 3 lbs of Sockeye salmon, 15 lbs of brisket, 15 lbs of pork butt, and 10 lbs of chicken for a small catering gig...:becky: Saturday and Sunday are still wide open...

Have a great weekend folks...stay cool...if you can...we hit triple digits up here yesterday so I'm cookin' in the shade today! :cool:

How do you like to do chicken?

BBQ Bandit
07-09-2010, 12:31 PM
The Mrs. gonna decide... either Porkloin or fatty-stuffed green peppers.

JD McGee
07-09-2010, 12:34 PM
How do you like to do chicken?

I do a simple brine then sprinkle with rub and smoke...that's about it. :becky:

toumaj
07-09-2010, 12:36 PM
I do a simple brine then sprinkle with rub and smoke...that's about it. :becky:

Do you use whole chickens or thighs, breasts,etc????

KnucklHed BBQ
07-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Goin campin so I've got a couple of cluckers going on the Auspit tonight for dinner and a tri tip for dinner tomorrow... If the fishin's right, might have some trout or salmon too!

Big_T_BBQ
07-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Tomorrow doing a bunch of whole chicken legs - dust with salt, pepper, and ground coriander and smoke away

JD McGee
07-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Do you use whole chickens or thighs, breasts,etc????

Either or...your choice...today I'm doing legs and thighs. Here's the brine...

Ingredients

1 gallon warm water
3/4 cup kosher salt
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil

Directions

Pour the warm water into a container that is twice the volume of the water. Pour in the salt, sugar, soy sauce, and olive oil. Stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved, then allow the brine to cool to room temperature.
To use, place chicken in the brine, cover, and refrigerate two hours for skinless breasts, 4 hours for bone-in pieces, and 4 hours to overnight for whole chickens. Drain and pat the chicken dry before cooking. One gallon of brine is enough for 6 pounds of whole chicken or bone-in chicken pieces, and up to 10 pounds of skinless, boneless chicken breasts.

wildflower
07-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Just doing a butt :redface: just me to eat it :doh:

toumaj
07-09-2010, 01:03 PM

Ingredients

1 gallon warm water
3/4 cup kosher salt
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil

Directions

Pour the warm water into a container that is twice the volume of the water. Pour in the salt, sugar, soy sauce, and olive oil. Stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved, then allow the brine to cool to room temperature.
To use, place chicken in the brine, cover, and refrigerate two hours for skinless breasts, 4 hours for bone-in pieces, and 4 hours to overnight for whole chickens. Drain and pat the chicken dry before cooking. One gallon of brine is enough for 6 pounds of whole chicken or bone-in chicken pieces, and up to 10 pounds of skinless, boneless chicken breasts.

Sweet!
Thanks....do you ever inject your brine into your chicken???????

Ashmont
07-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Uhmmmmm We will have to wait until I get back from the float trip........

toumaj
07-09-2010, 01:05 PM

Ingredients

1 gallon warm water
3/4 cup kosher salt
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil

Directions

Do you only use that brine with chicken or is it multi-use???

Thanks......

mremus
07-09-2010, 01:16 PM
I've got 4 butts in the smoker now for our annual Lion's Daze party tomorrow. This years theme is Hog-a-poolza with a our guest bring their favorite (or most interesting) bacon dish for a bacon cook-off contest. It should be an interesting day!

likeadeere
07-09-2010, 01:27 PM
I had a good friend of mine pass away unexpectedly this week, so we're going to honor his name with all the tri-tip we can eat, and pendleton we can drink. They're will be about 300 people there.

Bossmanbbq
07-09-2010, 01:39 PM
WHole Hog!! Check out my post with Pics :thumb:

pahutchens
07-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Friday night simply marvelous rubbed burgers
Saturday with the throw down I'm going to do some chuckies and nice butt then pull them
Sunday some chicken parts.

LMAJ
07-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Tonight - left over burnt ends...
Steaks or Pizza tomorrow night.
A chicken so I can make buffalo chicken cheese balls for marchman's birthday - oh, and then the buffalo chicken cheese balls!

toumaj
07-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Tonight - left over burnt ends...
Steaks or Pizza tomorrow night.
A chicken so I can make buffalo chicken cheese balls for marchman's birthday - oh, and then the buffalo chicken cheese balls!

OK, I have to ask for the recipe for buffalo chicken cheese balls!!!!!

Thx

JD McGee
07-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Sweet!
Thanks....do you ever inject your brine into your chicken???????

Nope...:becky:

Do you only use that brine with chicken or is it multi-use???

Thanks......

I only use that brine for chicken and turkey...I substitute the soy sauce on occasion with fruit juice to change things up a bit. :cool:

Chef Jim
07-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Put the Duck on an hour ago, fingers crossed. And have a turkey ready for sunday.

aquablue22
07-09-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm smoking the farking neighbors cat, the little rat bas...., That is if I can catch it!

Captain P.J.
07-09-2010, 03:26 PM
3 racks of baby backs, fatty, stuffed jalpenos, cheese sticks and possibly some trout. Anyone have any tips about smoking fish... I plan to throw on while I have the smoker running around 225*-250* with lump and cherry wood.

FattyMac
07-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Practicing for an amateur comp next weekend...

Baby backs - Same recipe that won me the ProQ
Strip Loin - smoked with a spicy rub, finished with a scotch and honey glaze
Turkey Fillets - Mojo marinaded, adobo rubbed, finished with a guava glaze

Any thoughts/comments on the Strip loin or Turkey appreciated.

kingsnob
07-09-2010, 03:43 PM
I will be doing a Tri Tip I saw was on sale, or my first Fatty, or both:becky:.

If I can catch it, maybe this little farking chipmonk, that keeps digging holes all over my yard!:twisted:

John

Meesterson
07-09-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear that likeadeer. I send prayers for him and his family. Me and the family will probably do some tri tip also, if i dont get to lazy.:becky:

JD McGee
07-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Smokin' Salmon...

I put up an umbrella (compliments of swamprb :-P) to keep the BGE temps down...:thumb:

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu311/SouthPawBBQ/Catering%20Cooks/CateringCook7July2010001.jpg

I'm using some Dizzy Pig "Raging River Rub" and Sugar Maple for smoke...:becky:

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu311/SouthPawBBQ/Catering%20Cooks/CateringCook7July2010006.jpg

Cruisin' right along @ 200...:cool:

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu311/SouthPawBBQ/Catering%20Cooks/CateringCook7July2010008.jpg

Maybe I should just set it out on the patio...this is on the deck...in the shade! :shocked:

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu311/SouthPawBBQ/Catering%20Cooks/CateringCook7July2010002.jpg

1FUNVET
07-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Tomorrow i gotta finish changing water pump on my 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer(War Wagon) since i started on it a month ago:doh: Sunday will be going fishing in the Gulf of Mexico(our end of the Gulf is not affected by the oil spill) and hopefully will be smoking some fish. :becky:

Mtmouse
07-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Ribs tomorrow for the family.

tbaker30
07-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Baby backs and pork steaks on Saturday. A couple whole chickens on Sunday. JD thanks for posting your brine. Saved me the time of searching for a good one.

Alan in Ga
07-09-2010, 05:57 PM
For Once Ia m glad to say nothing taking the family to the beach for the week. VACATION YES YES YES

K-Barbecue
07-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Baby Backs with BEER on Saturday and Chicken with BEER on Sunday. Hopefully the weather will hold out or will need more BEER !!

wannchef
07-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Apple wood smoked turkey tenderloins brined sweet spicey apple brine. Served with apple butter barbeque sauce. Baked mac and cheese and grilled vegies.

bottomsupbbq
07-09-2010, 07:42 PM

Ingredients

1 gallon warm water
3/4 cup kosher salt
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
Directions

I think I will give that brine a try. Hey JD while your at it could you give up the recipe for your BBQ sauce too.:becky:

NewEnglandQ
07-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Nothing!!! On vacation and headed to Newport Rhode Island this weekend!!!!

KnucklHed BBQ
07-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Nothing!!! On vacation and headed to Newport Rhode Island this weekend!!!!

Sorry to hear about that... There will be other weekends I suppose... :rolleyes: :becky:
Have a great time!! :mrgreen:

JD McGee
07-09-2010, 08:37 PM
I think I will give that brine a try. Hey JD while your at it could you give up the recipe for your BBQ sauce too.:becky:

Just for you neighbor...here ya go...

a pinch of this...
a dash of that...
and just a touch of the other...

:twisted:

bottomsupbbq
07-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Just for you neighbor...here ya go...

a pinch of this...
a dash of that...
and just a touch of the other...

:twisted:

That sounds delicious! Thanks JD!!! Have a great weekend.

deathamphetamine
07-09-2010, 09:26 PM
did some chops, shrooms, asparagus , corn and Swineapples:-D

Jd Swiper
07-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Gonna practice on some ribs this weekend..Gonna give those Smithfield St.louis cut a try....Kinda expensive at 4.00 lb but I've been wanting to give them a try to see if the quality is any better than a regular St.louis style rib....Will post my results..

Jeff S.
07-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Did some sirloins and some small chuckies using mesquite, with deviled egg potato salad, fresh salad from the garden with homemade ranch dressing, triple chocolate cake for dessert.

Working all weekend, hopes this curbs my smoking urge till Wednesday.

(start of my weekend)

JD McGee
07-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Gonna practice on some ribs this weekend..Gonna give those Smithfield St.louis cut a try....Kinda expensive at 4.00 lb but I've been wanting to give them a try to see if the quality is any better than a regular St.louis style rib....Will post my results..

Hey look...another JD...welcome to the Brethren brother smoker! :thumb: Lookin' forward to your pron pics...:cool:

SteadySmokin
07-09-2010, 11:30 PM
the fams been all about eatin healthy these days:tsk:. So tonight's artichokes, potatoes, salad and some focaccia i got pawned into makin... Thank goodness for smoked yardbird leftovers. and beer. Told them just for that there will be nothin but st. louis ribs and smoked chicken the rest of the weekend. I shall make them SUFFER!!!:heh:

Stevesonfire!
07-10-2010, 12:20 AM
Tomorrow is Boston Butt for pulled pork (wifes favorite).... Sunday, I'll be throw'in 6-8 slabs of spares on for my daughter's boyfriends b-day party (I'm okay with this one, he went to school...and graduated!) Oh...and there will be beer :cheer2: