PDA

View Full Version : Fatty Fillers

Terry Knife
07-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Trying a pair of fatties this afternoon, and from what I've gathered they take about 3 hours at 265...does that sound correct?

I know I'm doing a bacon weave, because that just makes people flip....but the big question is what do I put inside. I was thinking one could have basil and apple (or other fruit), anyone ever go this direction?

Also, how do you serve these? Like delicious cookies?

1FUNVET
07-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Inside ingredienta are only limited by your imagination. Onions,peppers,cheese,,mushrooms is what i use. Have seen waffles,blueberrys and other stuff used.Some one else will add their ideas. Good luck and remember to make at least 2.

Phubar
07-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Try to make a theme like Italian,Greek,Mexican for example....from there on out you can search for ingredients and stuff it the way you like it.

kyle corn
07-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Everytime I make fatties I use whatever I have lying around. I like the idea of using leftovers/extras that you have in the fridge or pantry to make something good.

First fatty I made was a pizza/Italian that I made because we somehow ended up with a bunch of mozzarella and pepperoni and I had just made fresh Italian bulk sausage.

Other times I stuff it with whatever peppers I pick from my garden and whatever cheeses/veggies I have in the fridge.

vr6Cop
07-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Or just start simple with a rub on the outside of your bacon weave. Maybe a sweeter rub to compliment the salty bacon & sausage and to offset the heat (if you use hot sausage). :thumb:

ChicagoSizzlin
07-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Or just start simple with a rub on the outside of your bacon weave. Maybe a sweeter rub to compliment the salty bacon & sausage and to offset the heat (if you use hot sausage). :thumb:

I made my first ones last weekend and I just used Bovine rub. I also put some Blues Hog Sauce one the side for some dipping action.It came out awesome and was gone before anything else.

gnwes
07-02-2010, 01:51 PM
i use lotsa cheese. peppers, olives, onions or whatever else i am craving. it always turns out awesome.