PDA

View Full Version : Help Eye of Round Roast

grubby
06-25-2010, 07:22 PM
How do I smoke a 5 lb Eye of Round Roast? Help please!!

Roll Tide
06-25-2010, 07:45 PM
I have done this cut once and simply used a meat rub such as lowery's or traeger's prime rib rub, etc... and simply smoked until desired internal. I collected juice drippings to mix in with my au jus. You can either cut into thicker slices, which I do occasionally, but I prefer thin slices and make a sandwich that I dip in the au jus. Additionally, when I warm up leftovers, I warm up the au jus and place the thinly sliced pieces in the warm juice to heat up.

palmcoastbob
06-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Eye of rounds were made for the rotisserie. About 1 1/2 hours over medium heat to 135-140 degrees and let rest on a platter covered with foil for 30 minutes before thin slicing for french dip sammies. My oldest daughter's favorite supper. You can dunk the slices in hot au jus for a few minutes for anyone who likes their's more well done.

CajunSmoker
06-26-2010, 09:11 AM
smoke it to your desired level of doneness, chill it down and run it thru the meat slicer. Makes great sandwiches. I like to slather mine with creole mustard and rub it down with Tony Chachere's seasoning before smoking since I mostly use mine to make Po Boy's.