PDA

View Full Version : How do yall stuff your fatty?

bandityo
06-24-2010, 06:20 PM
I noticed on some of the fatty prons that they were stuffed with various ingredients. Do you do this before going on or after? How do you get the stuff inside of a raw fatty?

Let me know the trick:clap2:

David

Alan in Ga
06-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Take your sausage and roll it out add your ingredents (anything you want your choice) and roll the sausage back up and make sure it's sealed so it doesn't leak and smoke. Pretty simple just have fun wit it you can't go wrong.

deguerre
06-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Here's a good thread from yesterday :thumb:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87136

gotwood
06-24-2010, 06:46 PM
usually put couple veggies and a cheese inside
sometimes an additional meat product

i mush the log into a square with my fingers...then roll it up with ingredients inside

put it on a piece of saran wrap and wrap it...then roll it on the counter while holding the ends of the wrap..makes it uniform and nice and tight

BigButzBBQ
06-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Well, First I grab onto her real tight then I.... oh, wait, um.... Oh yeah, Flatten out the sausage, put stuff in a pile and roll it up, or, if you've got $11 to spare, get yourself a Fatty Piston! They are awesome, I'm sure someone will post the link to the site on here at some point. :Becky:

devious
06-24-2010, 07:55 PM
the ol freezer bag trick works great

Captain P.J.
06-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Bacon!

Ron_L
06-24-2010, 09:46 PM
I don't. I believe in the pure beauty that is the naked, unstuffed fatty. :-D

cowgirl
06-24-2010, 11:39 PM
I made a piston out of pvc... http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85508

It's not necessary, just fun to use. :-D

Hoss
06-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Just like a jellyroll.Rectangle pressed sausage,stuffings of choice,roll her up,and smoke til it hits 160 I.T.:thumb:

mmmmeat
06-24-2010, 11:57 PM
with my hands!!!

1FUNVET
06-25-2010, 09:04 AM
Fattie piston helps.

Brian in So Cal
06-25-2010, 07:25 PM
I made a piston out of pvc... http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85508

It's not necessary, just fun to use. :-D

Wow Cowgirl, Not only can you cook but you are handy also. A piston out of pvc. That is so cool!!

cowgirl
06-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Wow Cowgirl, Not only can you cook but you are handy also. A piston out of pvc. That is so cool!!

lol Thanks Brian! It's pretty easy to cut and glue together. I like pvc... I use it around the farm. (that, duct tape and baling wire) :-D

fshnwiz
06-25-2010, 07:34 PM
I was wondering if Jeanie was going to pipe up. I built mine from her design except I used a chrome tail piece 1 1/4". Worked great thanks Jeanie.

ljh34465
06-26-2010, 12:37 PM
I made a piston like Cowgirl's and it works great.

Put your sausage in a gallon zip lock and flatten it out completely. As far as quantity of stuffing, my pvc cylinder is 2" OD and 8" long.

Fill the cylinder and put in freezer for a while to get some body. I did mine for breakfast so I used fried red potatoes, fried chopped onions, a jap, half a red bell and cheddar.

Cut the zip lock open, folding back the top. Place the roll from the freezer near one edge of the sausage. Using the baggie, pick up the sausage and place over the roll and continue wrapping, jelly roll style. Be SURE to pinch all seems and cover the ends well. At this point, you can use the Saran as mentioned, twisting the ends.
Put in freezer to get some body and then you can do a bacon weave that looks great and tastes great.
I have photos of most of this - if anyone is interested, PM me your email addy and I will send them -that way I don't have to upload them to post here:-D

woodwardbbq
06-26-2010, 09:12 PM
I take a pound of sausage or meat of choice and spread on wax paper in to a rectangel one fourth inch thick and cut cheese in a log to fit so the meat just seals.I use the wax paper to roll the sausage.Cook with seam side up.I like to do a latice with bacon on wax paper to roll the fatty in. Use thin bacon and smoke at 250 to make the bacon crisp.