PDA

View Full Version : Pork Chops, and a first attempt at pron.

JimGass
06-22-2010, 08:56 PM
As this is my first day as a member of this forum, I thought I would share my adventure today. Wife was in the mood for pork chops so I ran out to the IGA and bought some boneless thick cut chops. Looked for bone in but at this IGA it's always hit or miss as far as what's available.

Rubbed them with some brown sugar, kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, and a hint of cayenne.

Today was a lazy day, so I just fired up the gas grill and grilled 4 minutes one side, 6 minutes the other. Rested 6 min. or so as I microwaved the bag of veggies (as i said, lazy day).

Wife said it was a keeper. Didn't think to take any pron while eating because, well, I was busy eating the thing. Maybe next time.

Shiz-Nit
06-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Nice indeed and welcome

J_Don
06-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Very nice and the pron looks awesome as does the chops. Welcome to the Brethren.

jswordy
06-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Welcome aboard, and those look perfectly done! :thumb:

The site is "coal and wood biased," so you'll get more comment excitement when you post pix after you grill 'em or smoke 'em old skool style.

Got any leftovers? :becky:

Enjoy this place, it can be really fun.

JimGass
06-23-2010, 08:42 AM
I do have leftovers. I'm calling them "lunch" today. I do share the coal and wood bias also. I thought about not sharing these with the group because I used the gas grill, then thought that i would rather share than not share.

They were kind of last minute and, as I said, it was a lazy day, Nothing beats the taste of something cooked over wood, but man, gas is sure convenient on a day like yesterday.

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone! I can tell that this is a great forum full of lots of great people. It's great to be a part.

Jim

deguerre
06-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Abso farkin lutely gorgeous! :thumb::thumb:

1FUNVET
06-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Nice job :clap2:

Smokey Al Gold
06-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Those look awesome!

BlkJeep
06-23-2010, 09:43 AM