PDA

View Full Version : Crawfish & Blue crab Wok style

Phrasty
06-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Hey guys. Had a little crab and crawfish left over from an order yesterday and decided to cook em up for dinner. I know its not Que... but damn it was so good I had to share!

I boiled the crab and crawfish in seasoned water then this qre the pics from then on. On the cutting board is (clockwise from top left) Parsley, green onion, garlic, kung pao chili, ginger, onion, and a nice scotchie in the middle! :) oh and BUTTER!!! Served it with fresh hardough bread to mop up the plate! :-D Enjoy. It was Soooooo good!

Cheers

landarc
06-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Is that the world's biggest crawfish or a small bowl? No matter, it all looks good.

Kevin
06-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Is that the world's biggest crawfish or a small bowl? No matter, it all looks good.

:becky: I was thinking the same.

Norm
06-19-2010, 05:21 PM
I had to look at the pic twice as I thought for a sec it was a small lobster!

Where do you get such nice mud bugs?

landarc
06-19-2010, 06:07 PM
I had to look at the pic twice as I thought for a sec it was a small lobster!

Where do you get such nice mud bugs?
Must be Texas, you know what they say...:becky:

Phrasty
06-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Its actually different than "mudbugs" the american crawfish.. its an introduced species around here and they are thriving in our rivers. Its called the "Red Claw Crawfish" aka River lobster. A species from Australia. The meat is SO sweet. A great eat if you can get your hands on them. I have a contact on the river itself... I get them caught by 7:00am & in my hands by 10:00am! I take full advantage of it! Heres a pic of that same one & link on the species:

http://www.jamaicachm.org.jm/Article/April2005.asp

Cheers.

landarc
06-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Yabbies! Or perhaps Marron...those are very tasty, even when frozen, can't imagine how good they are fresh.

LT72884
06-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Its actually different than "mudbugs" the american crawfish.. its an introduced species around here and they are thriving in our rivers. Its called the "Red Claw Crawfish" aka River lobster. A species from Australia. The meat is SO sweet. A great eat if you can get your hands on them. I have a contact on the river itself... I get them caught by 7:00am & in my hands by 10:00am! I take full advantage of it! Heres a pic of that same one & link on the species:

http://www.jamaicachm.org.jm/Article/April2005.asp

Cheers.

Interesting. They look cool. Have you made any type of gumbo with em??

I caught one of those once on my fishing pole when i was around 12. Scares the HE!! out of me, i thought i caught a giant deadly spider that wanted to eat me. I lifted the liner out of the water and the line swung right onto my shirt with the crawdad... I bout cried.