PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the Plowboys

Jburt
06-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Just wanted to take the time and thank the Plowboys publicly for taking some time out of their day cooking for a customer at the World Pork Expo to talk with a fan and share some rub and advice (and a pic). You guys are great, and so is your product (both in the stores and Q on the table) and well earned reputation.

I'll be recommending you to all the people I know that sponsor teams to cook at this event and continue to support you on the shelves when I'm cooking at home.

Chef Jim
06-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Yeah their stuff kind of grows on you.

Plowboy
06-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Jesse, thanks for taking the time to come find us. You need to tell the story of how you found out we were at the WPX. It was pretty funny. Have a safe trip home.

Post that pic. I wanna see it.

Did you snag some rub and sauce at our client's tent? I heard they ran out today.

JiveTurkey
06-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Good rub brother. I got some from Darry Smith at his BGE shop a few weeks back. Good stuff maynard!

Butcher BBQ
06-11-2010, 06:17 AM
Jesse, thanks for taking the time to come find us. You need to tell the story of how you found out we were at the WPX. It was pretty funny. Have a safe trip home.

Did you snag some rub and sauce at our client's tent? I heard they ran out today.

Has it gotten to the point where you have to give it away for distribution?:-D

Jburt
06-12-2010, 08:22 PM

So here's the short long story:
The company I work for is a large distributor in the production food animal industry and we always take a big contingent to the World Pork Expo. At said expo we always cook for customers etc. and TexasAggie97 and myself have been working our way from supervised rib and loin rubbers (go ahead and joke) to certified pit masters in just 2 years. This time frame also corresponds with our time on the brethren site (thanks all). In fact, the 2 of us were curious how many brethren would be there and joked that the Plowboy's would blow our stuff out of the water. After we put the first round of loins and ribs (we did 60 loins and 360 racks of ribs this week) on the smokers and the temps stabilized I hopped in the golf cart to take a look around the Expo. I pass a girl on another cart when I'm lost headed back to the tent to check temps and see she has a "Plowboys BBQ" t-shirt on and I 180 the cart. I ask if the shirt says what I think and she points me to the middle of the back parking lot and says, "Yeah, they're cooking right there."

After weaving my way through the lot I found the 2 trailers and the sweet blue. I geeked out a bit in the presence of my idols and asked for a pic and chit chatted about the show and the fact I need a Cookshack.

To answer your questions, you know I went to the BIVI booth, I sent everyone from our tent there, including some vendors that were at our sales meeting last year when we wowed the judges. I'm surprised they made it a full day before running out. To be honest, instead of eating at the skeet shoot we sponsored, I ate at the BIVI tent. I loved the grub, and the pig cookies were a great touch for dessert.

Alan in Ga
06-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Thats an awesome story and sounds like a great time

Desert Dweller
06-13-2010, 06:58 AM
Hob nobbing with the celebrities, huh? (Jealous mod)

Plowboy
06-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Note to self, always wear black and stand against a black trailer when getting your picture taken... it is slimming.

Nice pic.

Plowboy
06-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Has it gotten to the point where you have to give it away for distribution?:-D

On the contrary, smartass. Our client pays for each bottle of sauce and rub. Then they hand them out to folks that visit their tent. To be honest, there are people who come back every year to the tent to get their annual sauce and rub to take home. It literally brings people to the tent. :thumb:

peppasawce
06-13-2010, 07:03 PM
on the contrary!! LOL Wow

Plowboy
06-13-2010, 07:05 PM
on the contrary!! LOL Wow

It should be known that Butcher BBQ and I are good friends, thus I can call him a smartass and get away with it. It happens quite often. :-D

Jorge
06-13-2010, 07:14 PM
So here's the short long story:
The company I work for is a large distributor in the production food animal industry and we always take a big contingent to the World Pork Expo. At said expo we always cook for customers etc. and TexasAggie97 and myself have been working our way from supervised rib and loin rubbers (go ahead and joke) to certified pit masters in just 2 years. This time frame also corresponds with our time on the brethren site (thanks all).

Any chance either of you guys were wearing a maroon aTm apron last year? After spending the better part of a week with the Plowboy I had to stop and say hello.

Jburt
06-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Any chance either of you guys were wearing a maroon aTm apron last year? After spending the better part of a week with the Plowboy I had to stop and say hello.

Well, 4 of the folks cooking last year are Aggies - there's a very good chance you spoke to one of them (I wasn't cooking last year, I was having a baby). Next year we'll be at the same place, Tent 1, IVESCO, and we're the ones that cook breakfast every morning. We may even (with the CEO's permission) put up a Brethren banner. In fact, this year we converted one of our new salesmen from a gasser over to coal and wood. We've already put him on KC's roadmap.

Plowboy
06-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Well, 4 of the folks cooking last year are Aggies - there's a very good chance you spoke to one of them (I wasn't cooking last year, I was having a baby). Next year we'll be at the same place, Tent 1, IVESCO, and we're the ones that cook breakfast every morning. We may even (with the CEO's permission) put up a Brethren banner. In fact, this year we converted one of our new salesmen from a gasser over to coal and wood. We've already put him on KC's roadmap.

I know exactly the group you are talking about.

Jburt
06-13-2010, 09:18 PM
So we'll expect you for breakfast at least next year... We light fires at 5am, coffee gets there at 6.

TexasAggie97
06-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Jorge,
Yes, that was me with the maroon A&M apron. I wasn't about to let those Iowa State boys get away without giving 'em some ribbing.

Like Jesse said, y'all are all welcome to come by the tent next year, the more the merrier. Also, yes, the fire's are lit at 5am and the coffee is there by 6am, but the Crown and Jack are always there...shhhhhh.

We had a great time at the WPX, hope to see everyone there next time. Until then, sweet blue!

Chris